Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recovering Wounded  (Read 414 times)

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Recovering Wounded
« on: June 27, 2012, 09:54:17 pm »

Are there any tricks to getting your dwarves to consistently notice the incapacitated and dying? They certainly notice them once their comrades expire but it seems now when they can still be saved. I've tried making my squads surround their wounded friends via the station command then releasing them but my current batch seem rather indifferent. Does anyone have any good strategies?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recovering Wounded
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:01:48 pm »

Get them hurt again so a diagnosis request is placed.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:46:09 pm »

Is there any quick way to do that?
As it so happens, someone finally noticed him laying there. Its just frustrating when your dwarves ignore one of their best soldiers who was fighting goblin invaders just a few hours or days before with them.

Felix False

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 12:06:36 am »

What I normally do when I have injured dwarves is place a move order for my military near the wounded. When they all get there I cancel the move order. On the way back to the fortress they notice their fallen comrades and grab most if not all of them on the way back.

chronicpayne

• Bay Watcher
  • The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 04:53:45 am »

Recovering wounded has a really low priority, so dwarves will basicly do anything else first.
A common solution I have found is to find a couple dwarves who have the trait about enjoying helping others, then make them dedicated nurses. (take off every labour and skill except Recovering and Feeding Wounded/Prisoners.)

Even then sometimes ill have someone other than the nurse get there first... Dwarves are kind of slackers.