Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I was not expecting this invader  (Read 2476 times)

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I was not expecting this invader
« on: June 27, 2012, 09:23:24 pm »

I am going to have to search the Legends for this one...

Hmm well sadly I was wrong in my expectation I could browse and post a file using the insert image command.  I guess I have to look that up.

But, pretend this is an important announcement!  In RED!

"The Peasant Edzul Vabokthortith has come!  A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry."

Press Enter to close window

In case you were waiting, I have closed the window.

Have many of you had, ah, Peasants that were short, sturdy creatures that also happened to be fond of drink and industry arrive?  Outside of a migrant wave? 

My fortress is 25 years old at present--there are no more migrants because I am well over the cap.   I have had werecaribous and werecapuchins, as well as typical giantesses and various underground beasts made of vomit or coral, but I never have had a dwarf actually arrive with such an arresting notice.

I wonder if this is a good reason to fear the night?  Maybe this creature is here to harbor doubt, where the other ones provide good reasons to know I should fear the night.  Hmm, insidious.

I noted his arrival because he was trapped in a cage.  So I have him in the zoo.

Looking at the fellow, he appears to be average in size.  His hair is extremely long.  he has a round chin.  His eyebrows are high.  His ears are somewhat narrow.  His head is somewhat narrow.  His hair is white.  his skin is burnt umber.  His eyes are brass.  His nose is somewhat broad.

considering I have ten zillion items in the stock menu, it would take some doing to figure out what he is wearing without letting him loose, but I will see what I can do.  Or save, since he's safely on display at the moment.

igless

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I was not expecting this invader
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:34:45 pm »

Sounds... Interesting...

I haven't had anymore than a weregiraffe
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »

Weregiraffes are badass.[/unbiased]

Anyway, it was a werebeast that arrived out of sync with the moon's current state, I believe.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:41:29 pm »

What you can do with him is infect some important people in your fort (or all people in your fort) with the werecurse. This has a few up sides, including healthcare as a dorf is heald fully when it transforms, even severed lmbs (Though be carful, the severd limb might come back as a full werebeast too:3) and the face that werecreatures of the same type do not fight, so you could have a fort full of wereraccons and it would be just fine, until dem migrants arrive.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 09:43:04 pm »

Well, as it would happen, the fellow is already dead.  Before he could be let out, he died in the cage!  There wasn't a message about his premature death.  Perhaps he went back into the night.

Still, there's the matter of launching his corpse into the magma to attend to.

But that is not all--there is no corpse in the cage!  He is listed as deceased, but there is nothing nearby or around that would be related to him or his corpse.  The nearest empty coffin is about 60z levels down--no one has the job to bring him there, but he's claimed one--the casket is empty!

I will have to see who is mysteriously picking up any equipment, as the thongs and loincloths have proven to be quite popular.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:48:55 pm by Hyperturtle »
igless

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »

Well curses, now I have a perfectly good coffin filled with his corpse.  I lost track of the body during a fiasco that ensued when the dwarven caravan arrived, and in the confusion, someone interred the body--as opposed to nearly every other corpse miasmiaing up the joint (Yes, that's a word).  They got the body down there before it could even rot.  Generally speaking, by the time the corpse makes it that far below ground, it's already upset it's flesh has rotted away.

I don't know what to think of it, maybe one of my legendary crutch walkers also tasked for burials managed to heave the body over his shoulder and drag it all the way down there.
igless

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 02:33:01 am »

(Though be carful, the severd limb might come back as a full werebeast too:3)

It got fixed.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 05:32:42 am »

I wonder what happens when your fort is werebeast only, will it cause a loyalty cascade after it kills someone of the same civ, can we kill elves with it? We need!!SCIENCE!!
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:30:35 am »

I wonder what happens when your fort is werebeast only, will it cause a loyalty cascade after it kills someone of the same civ, can we kill elves with it? We need!!SCIENCE!!

Nope. I haven't tried an all were-beast fortress yet, so I might just kill everyone and leave the  werebeasts alive and see what happens.

Also, you can kill lots of things with were-beasts.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 10:58:14 am »

You are not using modified raws, lets say.... Sentients being butcherable? Because if you do, i would recommend looking in the kitchen :)