Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FB in eternal fight  (Read 868 times)

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FB in eternal fight
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:24 am »

so I have an FB visiting my caverns which is also populated by serpent people. Although the FB can breath fire it managed to kill only one of the serpent people, the other 6 are happily bashing away at it and have been doing so for about half a year. The serpent people are all sword masters or spear masters or whatever they use. The FB has two pages worth of fresh injuries, being cut open, dented, bruised, broken, what have you and about 10 pages worth of scars on every single part of its body. It is also bleeding all over the place.
Should I be worried? As long as I don't go into that cavern level nothing happens. But the serpent people are probably much stronger now than they were in the beginning. Does the FB learn from combat practice? Judging from the serpent people it is hard to kill but doesn't do any serious damage? There are fighting in the water so I can get there directly anyway. Any tips to circumvent that?
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
Re: FB in eternal fight
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 11:19:41 am »

Kind of sounds like the FB is not fighting back at this point but the serpents cant kill it. I wouldnt be too worried, since you can keep your fortress safe by simply keeping the cavern sealed up. If you want to head into the cavern, or if you want the fight to finally end, make a long 1-tile-wide path into the cavern that is packed with weapon traps and has 5-10 cage traps at the end. Just make sure you build all the traps before you actually open it up to the cavern.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:28:39 am »

I'm guessing you have to kill it using hammers or axes. About the serpent peoples, Cage traps will catch them easy, jsut not the FB.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:34:32 am »

Drop masterwork steel weapons down there for your new cavern guards.  ;D
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:47:21 am »

I don't think they'll actually pick them up, but it's a nice gesture
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:06:17 pm »

I don't think they'll actually pick them up, but it's a nice gesture

How dare you ruin my hopes and dreams.

>:(
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields