Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cinnabar or tetrahedrite in site finder?  (Read 351 times)

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cinnabar or tetrahedrite in site finder?
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:44:48 am »

Used the site finder to embark on a site that had multiple shallow metals and multiple deep metals.

What did I get?  Igneous extrusive layers full of andesite, cinnabar, and tetrahedrite.

I'm wondering whether tetrahedrite alone will be treated as 'multiple metals' within the site finder (you can get both copper and silver out of it), or whether cinnabar is (erroneously) being treated as a metal by the site finder.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnabar or tetrahedrite in site finder?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 08:50:11 am »

it was flying around for a while that cobaltite and cinnabar messed with the site finder like that, but I'm not sure. I'm sure that tetrahedrite isn't counted as 2 metals. After I removed cinnabar and cobaltite from the raws I always had another metal too if there was tetrahedrite.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnabar or tetrahedrite in site finder?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:51:42 am »

how do you know that tetrahedrite is the only actual ore? If you used dfhack I would recommend using it already preembark, it gives you an estimate of what is there, which is enough to know what ores to expect. Doesn't answer your actual question, sorry.
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite