Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killed a lot of wildlife got no leather  (Read 3781 times)

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killed a lot of wildlife got no leather
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:59 pm »

If you really want to use leather, you should just trade it with the human/dwarf caravan.  There is a bug/feature where all animals that butcher for skin only create a single skin, meaning no matter the size of the animal, you will only get one leather.  Not to mention, not all animals butcher for skin.  Compare this with leather from the caravan, where you can buy a bin's worth of leather for a measly 70 urists.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Leather

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 03:48:40 pm »

very popular is to throw large wild animals down very far so they explode and give more pieces of leather. Elephants are considered prime material.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 06:24:21 pm »

If you really want to use leather, you should just trade it with the human/dwarf caravan.  There is a bug/feature where all animals that butcher for skin only create a single skin, meaning no matter the size of the animal, you will only get one leather.  Not to mention, not all animals butcher for skin.  Compare this with leather from the caravan, where you can buy a bin's worth of leather for a measly 70 urists.

In previous versions, caravans used to bring a lot of leather and cloth, such as several pages of bins of this stuff. But now they seem to only bring 1 or 2 bins. How come they stopped bringing lots of cloth and leather? Even if I ask the liaison, they don't bring very much.

Next time the liaison comes, I'm going to say that I'll pay top dollar for leather and cloth, see how much they bring.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 01:36:47 pm »

In previous versions, caravans used to bring a lot of leather and cloth, such as several pages of bins of this stuff. But now they seem to only bring 1 or 2 bins. How come they stopped bringing lots of cloth and leather? Even if I ask the liaison, they don't bring very much.

Next time the liaison comes, I'm going to say that I'll pay top dollar for leather and cloth, see how much they bring.

Have you been hoarding cloth and leather recently?  In previous versions they reacted to what they perceived as a shortfall of cloth or leather in your own fortress, and they still do.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:42 pm »

Try buying lots of leather. I remember a fort in which I bought surpluses of cloth so that there wouldn't be a percieved shortage, but the traders kept bringing more and more...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]