Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reinforcements? You are the reinforcements.  (Read 725 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reinforcements? You are the reinforcements.
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:17:16 am »

Quick question.
Right now I'm running a fortress with a population cap of 100. With this I normally run 2 squads of military dwarves on a full 24/7 training, no breaks. However, sometimes I get a dwarf that has a too-military name for him to be any kind of hauler, so I have a third ''reserve'' force that I don't make active. They still equip themselves and train, but aren't regulary infantry. They're just there so that when groups 1 or 2 lose troops, I have guys that can replace them that aren't fresh out of the box. My question is this; Normally for my reserve force I give no damns about what their labors are. However, I got one guy who's a halfway decent doctor [Field Medic, go!] and I was wondering if he will still do his doctor-ly duties despite being in an inactive military unit? Will his random training sessions take priority over patching up Urist McBrokenface?
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reinforcements? You are the reinforcements.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:21:02 am »

If he's inactive, he should do any civilian job that he is set to do. But if he's in the middle of archery practice or combat drill, it might take him a little while to get there.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reinforcements? You are the reinforcements.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:46 am »

If he's inactive, he should do any civilian job that he is set to do. But if he's in the middle of archery practice or combat drill, it might take him a little while to get there.

Well that's good. I mean, I have several other medical personnel, set to do nothing but that, who are better at it. I just wanted to see if the combat medic could lend a hand if needed. Thanks. :D
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.