Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding workshops  (Read 513 times)

supified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding workshops
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:18:58 pm »

Is it possible to mod what a workshop can make?  I'd like to be able to make arrows in a workshop.  No trading isn't good enough.
OPps I meant to ask this in MODDING not MODE
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:20:58 pm by supified »

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding workshops
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »

Yes, this is possible.  The Modding Forum will have more information.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:50:41 pm »

I modded a workshop into my game that allows me to turn a single log into 30 bars of charcoal. Because otherwise its almost impossible to run a full strength metal industry plus glass industry plus kilns plus pot glazing plus... well you get the idea. It can also turn a single log into 30 bars of ash, for potash and pearlash.

Also no, the base workshops cannot be modded as far as I'm aware.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:00 pm »

If you want your dwarves to use bows and arrows, you can mod them into the entity file, but that requires a world regen.

My recommendation is for you to mod in a large number of redundant reactions (remember to add them to the permitted reactions of your entity) that can be edited as you need after worldgen.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.