Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evil? what evil?  (Read 4998 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Evil? what evil?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 12:02:03 am »

Buddy your screwed! Buddy your guaranteed lots of reanimated visitors with a Tower neighbor. If your still not getting Undead sieges and Neck Romancers, look for a Tower neighbor when choosing an embark location. Ya might have to regen the world, as not all will generate Towers, they are a random thing. Good luck, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 01:00:14 am »

How do you know?
I'm trying it at the very moment before you say that.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:23 am »

How do you know?
Experience.  Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 07:45:21 am »

Ya might have to regen the world, as not all will generate Towers, they are a random thing. Good luck, Knutor
If memory serves Towers are the result of a history seed, so if you find a great spot with a volcano, terrifying surroundings, flux, deep&shallows metals, sand and acces to rhinoceros you should be able to just regenerate that same world with a diferent history seed but the same world seed until you get your friendly enighborhood necromancer. And if your lucky, a war with the elves.
And I belive towers always happen on the outskirts of civilized areas.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:48 am »

Early on there is only 2 ways to handle your Migrants

Safe Way -
Getting Migrants in without getting the critters in.
Step 1, Build Slabs at the Mason's Workshop
Gambling Way -
Step 1, Open the door

Made me lol.

But seriously, I prefer digging multiple entrances near the edges of the map, so the migrants get underground quickly.

e.g. I have Zones 1,2,3, and 5.
If the migrants arrive in Zone 3, and the undead are in Zone 5,
then open the floodgates in Zone 5 3.

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:57 am »

Sinister/Haunted/Terrryfing seem to influence wheter you get evil rain/undead, but it's not guaranteed. Another slightly forgotten perk of evil biomes is the more aggressive wildlife you face. Ogres, beak dogs, harpies and nightwings make for particularly Fun embarks, just pay attention to the biomes. Non-undead terrifying deserts offer the awesome combo of both nightwings and GDSs.
Pages: 1 [2]