Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 100 freindly kobolds  (Read 2489 times)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
100 freindly kobolds
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:20:10 am »

i have just embarked on a cave and found it contained 100 friendly kobolds.
so any ideas what to do with them?
besides setting the millitia on them i have already stolen all there junk by the way

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 100 freindly kobolds
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:21:06 am »

oh i just remembered they have a general and law maker there as well

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:27:41 am »

Well that's interesting. Err, the lawgiver and general are.

You should lock them up and hide the key. Then toss prisoners in with them. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:56 am »

They hostile? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:46:59 am »

100 friendlys

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 04:48:19 am »

They hostile? 

Not yet...

Anyway - when you embark on a site/cave the denizens are friendly. Once someone from their civilization (or anyone really ) shows up on the map, the alliances are recalculated and then everything hits the fan.

Its kinda like dogs and cats chilling together on a dinner table and a guest comes and reminds them that they should be tearing each others throats out and then there's bones all over the place.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:54:35 am »

Topic Summary
Posted by: parlor_tricks
« on: Today at 04:48:19 am »

Quote from: NRDL on Today at 04:39:56 am

They hostile?

Not yet...

Anyway - when you embark on a site/cave the denizens are friendly. Once someone from their civilization (or anyone really ) shows up on the map, the alliances are recalculated and then everything hits the fan.

Its kinda like dogs and cats chilling together on a dinner table and a guest comes and reminds them that they should be tearing each others throats out and then there's bones all over the place.

nice to know

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 05:05:37 am »

Topic Summary
Posted by: parlor_tricks
« on: Today at 04:48:19 am »

Quote from: NRDL on Today at 04:39:56 am

They hostile?

Not yet...

nice to know

I don't think that's true. I've heard many times of friendly site inhabitants attacking hostile attackers. Sometimes it's of the same civ (e.g. a kobold camp attacking a kobold thief) which leads to a loyalty cascade.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 05:11:05 am »

Just do the righteus thing and trap them all in webbed cages and build a zoo. It is for their own protection and prevents their extinction.
Otherwise just build a pumpstack and fill their little hole with obsidian and magma. Also, I hope that you are not in an undead biome, or you might get a cave full of zombie kobold limbs if a single one dies and rises back amids the other lil' buggers. 8)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 06:19:49 am »

Just do the righteus thing and trap them all in webbed cages and build a zoo. It is for their own protection and prevents their extinction.
Otherwise just build a pumpstack and fill their little hole with obsidian and magma. Also, I hope that you are not in an undead biome, or you might get a cave full of zombie kobold limbs if a single one dies and rises back amids the other lil' buggers. 8)
No, turn it into a endangered species enclosure. Then drop disarmed goblins in there. Congratulations, You have a zoo.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 07:30:29 am »

Make the entrance to your fort on the far side of this cave/lair.  Then once "A vile force of darkness" shows up, the little scamps are your first line of defense.  Cheap early defense!

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 07:47:03 am »

Do friendly ceatures breed? If so, kobold eugenics.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 08:01:10 am »

You have 100 FRIENDLY healthy and complete specimens of a TRAPAVOID creature that, with enough care can be turned into siegers and you are asking what to do with them?

Perform SCIENCE duh. We need more information on the little buggers. Try arming them with steel everything and fling a FB at them and see if they can kill it. Test how their stealing mechanics work in a controlled enviroment, if at all.

The posibilities man.