Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager issue  (Read 2166 times)

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manager issue
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:12:55 pm »

I have built 10-20 Craftsdwarf's workshop in order to process raw adamantine quickly. However, when I add the task to extract metal strands, the manager assigns the task to only 2 or 3 workshops, so that I have to assign the tasks manually. Is this a bug? could it be because my manager lacks of some traits skills? The wiki does not say how traits relate to the managing efficiency

Thanks!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: Manager issue
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:13:14 pm »

I have built 10-20 Craftsdwarf's workshop in order to process raw adamantine quickly. However, when I add the task to extract metal strands, the manager assigns the task to only 2 or 3 workshops, so that I have to assign the tasks manually. Is this a bug? could it be because my manager lacks of some traits skills? The wiki does not say how traits relate to the managing efficiency

Thanks!
Managers can only assign a max of 30 jobs at once, so what they'd probably do is spam 3 shops full of extract strand jobs rather than space it out over all your workshops.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:56:10 am »

Would it be possible to add 30 strand extraction to the task list, and then once it's validated add 30 more, so that the tasks would be progressively assigned to all workshop? (in order to avoid having to do it manually...)

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:08:06 am »

You can set lots of x30 jobs at once and they should all get assigned. I usually just set strand extraction on repeat.

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:32:28 am »

You can set lots of x30 jobs at once and they should all get assigned. I usually just set strand extraction on repeat.
So that issue occurs with strand extraction only? It also seems that only 3-4 got all the smelting tasks given by manager and others got nothing...

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:24:50 am »

So that issue occurs with strand extraction only? It also seems that only 3-4 got all the smelting tasks given by manager and others got nothing...

You can set the same job multiple times

e.g.:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try that and see if it works.

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:07:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is exactly what I do :) But for some reason I get 3 workshops having a huge list of tasks to do, and the rest get nothing

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 08:52:10 am »

Then do it manually, 5x extraction, 5x wafer production. All on /r (repeat), done. Takes approx 2 minutes.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 09:32:33 am »

Then do it manually, 5x extraction, 5x wafer production. All on /r (repeat), done. Takes approx 2 minutes.
I guess I have no choice! I wish I could find the origin of this problem.

Thanks everyone anyway