Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible solution to making bone in a reaction.  (Read 4132 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Possible solution to making bone in a reaction.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 02:22:01 am »

Through a horrible and painful hit and miss with creature and entity tags:
Biome
Good/Evil
Common_Domestic or not

It's tricky and even Meph has his hands tied with who gets what pets. As am I

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 02:24:55 am »

But i can actually test different things with civs and then gen a world for 50 years and see from creature and locations file if it works:) Does GOOD/EVIL work for civilisations btw? I mean if make elves can live only in good biomes in raws - will they live there or will they use neutral like all the other civs?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 02:28:44 am »

Well this was about pets right? You can make a GOOD and COMMON_DOMESTIC, PET that will allow anyrace that can get there hands on GOOD_PETS have them. At least I think, I didn't fully test this. Altho I had Humans able to bring fluffy wamblers to trade :/

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 04:46:11 am »

So we can make a little bit of regulation here with good/bad biome and can use good/bad pets on entities. Also there were some other regulatory tags - USE_ANY_PET_RACE and USE_CAVE_ANIMALS. Not really enough for good things:( But at least you can partially control it. Interesting - can cave pets be GOOD or EVIL......... this can lead to another level of controlling pets:)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 09:36:20 am »

You forgot biomes as well, if a civ can make or claim a home say on the desert. Then they have access to any in that biome.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 09:44:10 am »

Evem good desert ones? Without USE_GOOD_ANIMALS? I thought it was impossible to use good ones without this tag. Also they should have access to any animals in a square 7*7 around their home regardless of biome as i understand it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 09:59:58 am »

I take it you don't understand how Pets work? Don't worry im not 100% either but:

a creature with COMMON_DOMESTIC and PET and lacking a BIOME is accessable by all that use COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET reguardless of BIOME

a creature with COMMON_DOMESTIC and PET and BIOME:ANY_DESERT is accessable by any race that has COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET and has claim to a desert

Now follow those steps with GOOD and EVIL, and CAVE biomes. Altho somehow My humans had access to Unicorns one time, so EVIL and GOOD biomes can be claimed. Unless a human set out and tamed some unicorns and brought them back for breeding I donno.

Of course any other modder that has better know how on this matter, please correct me.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 12:09:23 pm »

So a common domestic cow will never show up in any fortress unless at embark and caravans of all races. But if i give it grassland biome - then it will only show up in races with their sites near grassland, and never (almost) say at tundra entities?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 12:18:06 pm »

Erm the basic meaning of what you said yes. Cows if given grassland biome might wander around like horses and camels do.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 12:22:38 pm »

I think a wrote it a bit confusing eh?:) I meant that without BIOME tags a creature will never be populating any genned world BUT will be a part of any entity who can use that pet. But if it has a biome and commo_domestic_pet - it will spawn in fortress mode in correct biome and will be used by races with correct biome. Question is - common domestic will make it present in any race at all or only for races who has access to that biome? Because it is a COMMON domestic after all......

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 12:36:48 pm »

a creature with COMMON_DOMESTIC and PET and lacking a BIOME is accessable by all that use COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET reguardless of BIOME

Since it has no BIOME is basically exists everywhere, yet nowhere. It just basically makes it act like a reaction to give a entity a bar of metal (notice how dwarves have access to steel no matter what)

But make that COMMON domestic have a biome now, a entity had to have access to those living areas to have it. Even with PET and a BIOME it wouldn't be captured, tamed, and traded unless the entity had "USE_ANY_PET_RACE"

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 12:49:51 pm »

I thought use any pet race is just a carte blanche on ANY pets? Though i am wrong... i gave it to dwarfes and different dwarf civs have different pets in 1 world... so any pet race is just something like being able to pet any pet or pet_exotic they can get hands on. Even if it is good or evil. So if a race has no use_any_pet_race, use_evil and use_good - then they will have ONLY common domestic with biomes they are near and boimless.

Am i right in this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 01:07:17 pm »

Erm I'm gonna say your right, cause I feel i'm just going on repeat lol

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 02:32:30 pm »

Funny how thread on making bone derailed to pets and how to mod them to unique races:)
Pages: 1 [2]