Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The Halo Waypoint Forums Are SANE!  (Read 7734 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo Waypoint Forums Are SANE!
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2012, 05:05:06 pm »

I can't remember all the lyrics. Especially the rap part. So, yes?

Neither "simple" nor "complex" imply good or bad, so :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2012, 05:54:02 pm »

So this is now heading towards a YTish derail along the lines of "[Made up %] of [Group X] have switched to [Music Genre A] from [Music Genre B], if you're part of the [Other arbitrary % meant to create feelings of importance] that hasn't, thumbs up!!!1!"? Or is it going to be the "OmG [Pop artist of the minute] sukzzzz! Thubs up if [Group 1/Music Genre A] is awsum!1"?

Music is music, and very little is intrinsically bad. "Simple" is a descriptor with no implied statements regarding the quality of a song, in the same way that calling a piece "Complex" or "Technically Difficult to Perform" doesn't mean a thing about how much you enjoy it. "Good" music is subjective.

More simply: If you feel the need to attack something, go after the RIAA. They're practically the definition of a legitimate target.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:20 pm »

So this is now heading towards a YTish derail along the lines of "[Made up %] of [Group X] have switched to [Music Genre A] from [Music Genre B], if you're part of the [Other arbitrary % meant to create feelings of importance] that hasn't, thumbs up!!!1!"? Or is it going to be the "OmG [Pop artist of the minute] sukzzzz! Thubs up if [Group 1/Music Genre A] is awsum!1"?

Music is music, and very little is intrinsically bad. "Simple" is a descriptor with no implied statements regarding the quality of a song, in the same way that calling a piece "Complex" or "Technically Difficult to Perform" doesn't mean a thing about how much you enjoy it. "Good" music is subjective.

More simply: If you feel the need to attack something, go after the RIAA. They're practically the definition of a legitimate target.
no in fact it is much deeper than that, as seen below

you say justin beiber i say evanesence
you say miley spears i say michael jordan
you say stephenie meyer i say elvis
99% of teens would die if tehy saw pop music on top of a brige and about too jump put this in ur sig if ur 1% that would be laughing
never let punk die
My wooden badge was delicious.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2012, 05:59:03 pm »

wat
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2012, 06:06:20 pm »

I... I'm horrified. I made a post with the intent to point out that this thread was edging close to the shallow end of the internet pool, and instead of discouraging it...

Wait. I know how to end this. Candlejack I ha

3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:22 pm »

I don't hate the upper boards, it's just that they have habits I don't like.  Threads on the upper forums tend to accrete a ten post or thicker crust of "MAGMAAAA," "Dorf Forts, where dorf and forts," and people posting just to sig the people posting the other things.
Now that is hardly fair to the upper boards at all. Magma spam has long since gone.
and people posting just to sig the people posting the other things.
Well I don't even know

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:56 pm »

THAT WAS A JOKE GUYS

COME BACK

*wind whooshing*

I'm trapped... trapped in General Discussion...
My wooden badge was delicious.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2012, 06:15:30 pm »

This

Thread

Is

Horrible
Hello Hunam

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2012, 06:18:01 pm »

I don't hate the upper boards, it's just that they have habits I don't like.  Threads on the upper forums tend to accrete a ten post or thicker crust of "MAGMAAAA," "Dorf Forts, where dorf and forts," and people posting just to sig the people posting the other things.
Now that is hardly fair to the upper boards at all. Magma spam has long since gone.
"There is only one man who would dare use the MAGMA. LOOOONE ST--*hem*--NECROOOO!"

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]