Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Works of Teknopants - Couch Co-op Galore.  (Read 785 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
The Works of Teknopants - Couch Co-op Galore.
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:02:25 pm »

I've seen several mentions of the Roguelike game "Shoot First" but I searched and failed to encounter any threads on the creator of the game and his expanding repertoire of freeware computer games.

So, here it is.

"Teknopants" is the alias for a guy named Beau Blyth, and he has a thing for multiplayer couch co-op/competetive games. If you haven't played Das Uberleben with a friend, or two, or three, or seven (yes, you can), then you're seriously missing out.

You can divide your keyboard up into sections with fully configurable controls so that you can cram all your friends at the computer and hash it out in any of his games, or, if you're so blessed as to have a PS3 or XBOX360 controller, or Gamepad on hand, you can use those, too. Put all your resources to use - these games are hilariously fun, and well worth the little extra effort it takes to set up a controller on your computer.

My favorite game is 0Space, a competitive 2-4 player zero-grav deathmatch with guns, laser swords, and grenades that double as mines. The game itself is deceptively simple (as most of his games are, really) but it's beautiful in its simplicity, and so very, very addicting. You can see it in the shot right below this.

As you can see in the screenshot, his games tend to be pretty pixely - definitely a plus in my mind.

So go on - don't be shy! Click the link, gather some buddies, and enjoy.

http://teknopants.com/game/

Oh, and discuss, of course.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: The Works of Teknopants - Couch Co-op Galore.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:29:09 am »

Is there a localhost or internet multiplayer?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: The Works of Teknopants - Couch Co-op Galore.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:46:32 am »

Unfortunately, no - that's why I said Couch co-op. People have been encouraging Beau to give some of the games (0Space especially) online capabilities, but sadly, he has yet to do that.