Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Native Gold in Sedimentary Layer  (Read 3206 times)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Native Gold in Sedimentary Layer
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:14:18 pm »

There is native gold in my claystone. Why is there native gold in my claystone? I would much rather prefer iron.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Brandstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Come hug me bro
    • View Profile
Re: Native Gold in Sedimentary Layer
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:19:57 pm »

Pop open inorganic_stone_mineral and start changing the ENVIRONMENT tags? You would have to regenerate the world too.

Rakushun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:23:14 pm »

There is native gold in my claystone. Why is there native gold in my claystone? I would much rather prefer iron.

It's okay, just mine so much gold and mint so many coins that when you put them into circulation by trading them for goods, you destroy all your enemies (and friends... primarily your friends, with whom you trade) with hyperinflation. Just as effective as forging weapons and stabbing them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:55:19 pm by Rakushun »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:24:16 pm »

wassup dawg!! I heard ya liek native gold so I put native gold on ya claystone so ya can goldmine while ya make some pottery and shiet...

Sorry, couldn't resist... lol  :P

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:16:06 pm »

wassup dawg!! I heard ya liek native gold so I put native gold on ya claystone so ya can goldmine while ya make some pottery and shiet...

Sorry, couldn't resist... lol  :P

Improper use of meme. Please see knowyourmeme.com for reeducation.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 06:17:11 pm »

It's okay, just mine so much gold and mint so many coins that when you put them into circulation by trading them for goods, you destroy all your enemies (and friends... primarily your friends, with whom you trade) with hyperinflation. Just as effective as forging weapons and stabbing them.

lolololololololololololololololololololololllololololololololololoo

DO EET.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:11:11 pm »

+ 1
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 07:15:35 pm »

I would think this would bring you LOTS and LOTS of copper, bronze, iron and steel.  You start exporting gold crafts, and the caravans bring you anything you want, and more.  Then the thieves start to show up, not to mention Goblinmas.  Pretty soon, yer swimming in goblinite, and have more scrap metal than you have trees to melt it down with. ;)

Or, thats my take on it, anyway.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 07:55:49 pm »

If you're using trees to melt down your goblinite, you're going to have a bad time. The more goblinite you're getting, the less chance your woodcutters will have to cut trees. Gotta switch to magma when you start melting goblinite, if you haven't done so earlier.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 08:18:19 pm »

I think this is causing it:

[INORGANIC:NATIVE_GOLD]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_ALL:VEIN:100]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALLUVIAL:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
[METAL_ORE:GOLD:100]
[STONE_NAME:gold nuggets]

Tin, platinum, can also occur in alluvial layers.

Jade gems only occur in alluvial layers, and I have mined them in recent versions. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Alluvial_layer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alluvium

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 09:16:09 pm »

As pointed out above, gold can form small clusters in alluvial layers (those are in game terms layers of sedimentary stone near or around rivers). If you do not have iron, if you haven't already you should turn up the mineral frequency to "Everywhere" or set the mineral scarcity to 100 in Advanced Worldgen.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 09:52:24 pm »

+ 1
Damn meme nazis...  :o

I did it right, I used the "standard version" of the meme:
Standard: {yo,sup} dawg, I herd you like X, so I put an X in your Y so you canVERB while you VERB
I just got into character with the ebonics and forgot the "yo", but I mean can't a nigga forget a "yo" once in a while?  :P

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 03:13:14 am »

The Proper use of the meme is: Yo dawg, I herd you like X, so I put an X in your Y so you can Z while you Z.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 03:24:22 am »

I think this is causing it:

[INORGANIC:NATIVE_GOLD]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_ALL:VEIN:100]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALLUVIAL:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
[METAL_ORE:GOLD:100]
[STONE_NAME:gold nuggets]

Tin, platinum, can also occur in alluvial layers.

Jade gems only occur in alluvial layers, and I have mined them in recent versions. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Alluvial_layer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alluvium

Thank you. This explains it. Very much appreciated!

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 09:18:15 am »

I just got into character with the ebonics and forgot the "yo", but I mean can't a nigga forget a "yo" once in a while?  :P

Actually, the problem is you did it "I heard you like W so I put W in your X so you can Y while you Z"
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30