Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mafia based videogames.  (Read 2754 times)

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
Mafia based videogames.
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:57:26 am »

Hello Bay 12.I am looking for games revolving around the mafia.While i mostly want strategy games with that,i wouldn't mind other suggestions.I mostly want those strategy games that let you plan,backstab and mercilessly kill.I already played the two Gangsters games,Mafia and The Godfather 1

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia based videogames.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:06:34 am »

Is format important to you?

Mob Rule. It's a small game that's basically a mobster RTS. You buy up blocks of a city, rent the houses out to tenants and either charge them exorbitant rent, or make them breeders so you can recruit their children into the crime family. There's several levels of housing and each lot can have upgrades purchased for them to make the more defensible, less likely to be noticed by cops....all sorts of other stuff. In addition to being a slum lord, you set up breweries, eateries and other businesses to bank roll your family.

Eventually the cities get quite large, there are opposing mafia families that you have to compete against, and you basically start waging secret wars against them by doing stuff like: kidnapping their tenants, setting off sewage bombs in their housing so it becomes uninhabitable (and then you can buy up the abandoned property), yadda yadda.

It's a slightly? racist take on Italians, and the game has this goofy, cartoonish aesthetic going for it. But I was and still am surprised by how deep the simulation goes. It's a really different take on mob families and I found the format to be quite fun.

I don't think it's on Steam but it is on GoG.com?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oumqYlTcjE
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:13:06 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:19:01 am »

I was hoping for something serious .But alas no developer seems to have made the game i long for.I would be happy with Gangsters :Organized Crime but it has not aged well.Someone needs to do something.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:19:40 am »

Liberal crime squad

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

I was hoping for something serious .But alas no developer seems to have made the game i long for.I would be happy with Gangsters :Organized Crime but it has not aged well.Someone needs to do something.

What I would give for a new polished and good version of Gangsters...a shame I cant make games.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:38:47 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:06:34 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

Mafia Tycoon: Just like Gangsters Organized crime but turn based (without the real time component).

Constructor 1 and 2 - Just like Mob Rule but better.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:52:51 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:54:57 pm »

Tried 'Chicago 1930'? It's like 'Commandos' but with Mobsters.

Or 'Gangland'? It's a bit more RPG oriented - get married, have kids who you end up playing as. Not particularly in-depth, but a bit of fun.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 03:06:43 am »

Mafia 2, while not quite living up to it's open world elements and having a story that ends rather oddly, has some of the best city design and atmosphere of anything I've ever played.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 03:17:53 am »

Took me a moment to remember the name...

This one was a bit of a difficult game for me but its good...

http://www.squakenet.com/download/legal-crime/10445/
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...