Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy MMO successor ( Repopulation, Kickstarter, DONT MISS!! )  (Read 5417 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was at first. Until I read this:

To date we’ve managed to keep our costs down to a minimum due to our core team working for free, and by outsourcing to affordable contractors out of our own pockets. We were prepared to do this until launch, but the amount of interest in this project over the past few months has led us to believe that we owe our rapidly growing user base the most polished content we can provide at launch. We’re kickstarting to ensure that we can accomplish that.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Even then, servers, bandwidth and continued content development can easily burn through 25k.

There host of other costs that I'm not even mentioning. 
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

Even then, servers, bandwidth and continued content development can easily burn through 25k.

There host of other costs that I'm not even mentioning.

These costs tend to be a bit over-exaggerated by MMO devs to justify their lucrative subscription model. I'm sure they also plan on investment/venture capital at some point in  development, the idea isn't really to fund all projects completely  by kickstarter but to use them as a stepping stone to get a certain goal. Note they said they already plan to launch this game regardless - and indeed I was following the game development for a year before the kickstarter came along - so it's not exactly a crucial part of their operations.

Even without kickstarter we are planning a launch in 2013 with all the features listed. A major part of developing any game, whether it is a simple single player game or a huge MMO, is offering more options and variety. Even with our very modest target for our kickstarter campaign this will help us to add more of the following into The Repopulation

More NPC Species, which may also serve as pets.
More refined animations for both players and npc species.
Even more armor pieces, hair options, weapon models, etc.
More advanced mission templates for an even more enjoyable mission experience.
More special effects for abilities.
More UI work for better overall usability and visuals.
Additional motion capture animations and emotes.
Improved cinematic effects for Missions and Engagements.
More aggressive beta and release schedule.
These are small touches that can make the difference between a good experience and a great experience. Many of these options also add content into The Repopulation, expanding the amount of gameplay that will be available upon release.
Pages: 1 [2]