Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Townseed  (Read 13705 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Townseed
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 09:27:01 am »

I give people who read my posts the credit that they can tell what I am really saying without the need to honey up my speach.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 09:39:38 am »

Nothing we say is going to dissuade you from picking a fight with him. I'll just say that you don't HAVE to go prove him right- why not prove him wrong, instead? This isn't a schoolyard; you're not going to lose cred by walking away from an argument. But the rest of us sure will appreciate it if you do. :)

As the quote goes, "You have the power to end this."
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 09:43:31 am »

Nothing we say is going to dissuade you from picking a fight with him.

No I am done with the fight. I was pretty mad at the time. What I really wanted to happen was for him to say something back on the threat that I'd actually prove him right.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 09:54:12 am »

I learnt long ago the only true way to win an argument is with a puppet knife fight.

As for the game itself, looks pretty bare bones but I'm liking what I see so far. The art style reminds me heavily of Hothead Studio games, like the Penny Arcade On the Rain Slick series. I couldn't find much information about the developer so I have no idea if he was apart of that team or not. Hothead do make very UI easy "two button" menus which generally work fine on both gamepads and mice. 
Guess one of many games to keep your eyes on.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:00 am »

As for the game itself, looks pretty bare bones but I'm liking what I see so far. The art style reminds me heavily of Hothead Studio games, like the Penny Arcade On the Rain Slick series. I couldn't find much information about the developer so I have no idea if he was apart of that team or not. Hothead do make very UI easy "two button" menus which generally work fine on both gamepads and mice. 
Guess one of many games to keep your eyes on.

I'd just like to see some proper mouse control. It looks awkward as hell as of right now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:16:12 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2012, 10:17:27 am »

I'd just like to see some proper mouse control. It looks awkward as hell as of right now.

That is because the game seems to have focused exclusively on the Xbox controller. Hense why the keyboard controls are messed up.

Edit: Good.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2012, 10:18:49 am »

Uh... so, this game looks cool and I am waiting for it.

>.>
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2012, 01:46:05 pm »

Neonivek's stats: 16 posts for a total of 67 posts in this topic (not including this last one). Nearly 25%.

You have the right to criticize this "game"/alpha/demo, but frankly, this is maybe a bit too much.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2012, 12:44:13 am »

Neonivek's stats: 16 posts for a total of 67 posts in this topic (not including this last one). Nearly 25%.

You have the right to criticize this "game"/alpha/demo, but frankly, this is maybe a bit too much.

Ohh that was because we were having a debate and my part of the debate wasn't on the game itself, as in not the actual quality of playing the game, but rather that I was taking the possition that you have the right to judge a game by what it gives out, even if it is something unfair like a early alpha because ultimately that is what they put out for you. I was taking more of a marketing possition where the mistake really was that the game didn't sell itself very well and that if it didn't want such preconception then I should have strived harder especially when it already is at the point where you can give them money.

The possition the others took was that really judging something by something so early and incomplete is unjust to the game at all... Which you may sound like I am being unfair to their side, but I think mine is a bit harder to argue.

Of the genuin critiques I have given the gameplay I have only commented that the placement is clunky and will likely stay that way, because it seems to be the way the game is balanced, and that I just don't like playing beefy men when I don't want to.

As well we keep ending this but people keep bringing it up again and I have to take every post that responds to me dirrectly seriously.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2012, 12:54:28 am »

Well, it's your loss. You'll never get to play Space Mutiny: The Video Game when it's out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:13 am »

Well, it's your loss. You'll never get to play Space Mutiny: The Video Game when it's out.

Is it sad that I genuinly like 25-50% of the movies I see on that show?

As for Townseed. It has potential but it is so tough to dicipher its design through its goals that it really could turn out as anything.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2012, 11:54:03 pm »

Thank you sir, I have spent quite a long deal of my life looking for the name of that show. I am now going to make a dwarf fort naming my dwarves after all the names spurted out in that video!
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]