Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The (Vampire) King has arrived  (Read 1065 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The (Vampire) King has arrived
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:35:15 pm »

Okay, I ge tthe Mountain home message, I look over at the new king, and I notice he has a kills list. I look at it, And I see he has killed HUNDREDS OF DWARVES, a few goblin, and a human. I just say woah, and look over for more possible evidence. It turns out I dont need any, as his prfession is listed as "King Vampire" (which Is exactly what I was going to call him, but whatever). I know Vampires like getting elected mayor, but to be given control of a entire Civilization!?! It has Vampire in his TITLE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Whta should I do? Should I wall him off in a royal hall way? Can anyone help me export a image and show you? Does this happen to others?
EDIT: He even appears as a nightbeast, and nt as a dwarf.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The (Vampire) King has arrived
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:44:38 pm »

They have the highest social skills due to age.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:47:55 pm »

Obviously you can best serve your monarch by feeding him tonnes of lesser dwarves.

Also, I really need to get into DF again. New version, go!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 11:00:25 pm »

Well, So far I've decided to build to put his tomb in the giant pyramid I'm building. It's good, As I didn't have a actual use for the thing. Should I put Him and the rest of his stuff in there too? The only con would be it bein impossibly hard to feed thingd too him. But Either way, I'm using him to scare the merchants. "see that pyramid over there? the Legends say that their king, a beast cursed prowl the night for blood, became so powerful that he was locked away along with his possesions, in a mighty dwarven construction designed to siphon his power, to await the day he is released to wreck havoc once more. They must give valuable tributes in the form of useless migrants, and mandates from merchants. We better give them what they want!" Or, exactly like that, but underground. Also, He's working? Dont Nobles just Sit around all day?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

eLcHi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:43:25 am »

Had a Queen Vampire in my last fort. First i was upset, but then i made her some nice quarters (stuffed with gold tables, chests, cabinets, statues etc) to get her satisfied ... and locked the doors :)

Since vampires donīt need food or drink she was happy just being confined to her quarters. All the furniture outweighted the bad thoughts about needing a "drink" badly.