Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: May I ask, what is each soldier type for?  (Read 6522 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Re: May I ask, what is each soldier type for?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 03:49:32 am »

there are only 2 soldier types. melee and ranged. but there are plenty of weapons, and in melee theres no need to vary beyond axe and spears.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: May I ask, what is each soldier type for?
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 07:45:31 am »

This is NOT correct. You can put different kinds of soldiers in the same squad and they'll only get exp for their own weapon. I can show you my axe lord and spearmaster as proof.
They'll also get exp for weapons they don't have. I can show you my drafted-for-melee hunter and my other dwarves with Marksdwarf (and no Archer) levels as proof.

That did take like a decade to happen and it's possible that Marksdwarf demonstrations are low priority, based on the time it takes for embark dwarves with Biter / Kicker and Teacher to start teaching those skills, but dwarves will demonstrate weapon skills for weapons they don't have equipped.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]