Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GURPS: Stupor Heroes  (Read 1794 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
GURPS: Stupor Heroes
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:02:40 am »

I'm running a GURPS (Generic Universal Role Playing System) game set in a slightly modified modern world- it is the world of a comic book, where people with special powers abound.

My players are villans; their upcoming adventure is them robbing a bank. No doubt they will seek to destroy the world soon enough.

What's important here is that pretty much any kind of character that would fit a comic book can show up; in the player party alone, we have an evil cloud of smoke, a necromancer, an alien genious, an indestructable redneck, and a british nazi with a bazooka and lightning powers.

What I need is heroes for them to mow down (and, in some cases, reanimate). Like any comic book universe, there are headliners and small-time characters. The PCs- in both the villan campaign and the heroes campaign a friend of mine is running- are bit-players for now.

The most powerful hero in the world is Nemo, with the power to controll all water, boiling it, freezing it, levitating it, all with practically no limits to his reach. He also can breath underwater and command sea life.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: GURPS: Stupor Heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 10:22:30 am »

So you want us to make up characters that would be in some kind of "hero alliance" against the bad guys?

Off the top of my head. 

Leonard the Lich.

Spheres:
Neutrality, Science, Un-death, Magic.

Brief Bio:
Ever since Leonard was a child what ever powers that governed death mocked and toyed with him. Where he went and who he loved; death would always follow. After the death of his mother in his early teens Leonard declared an oath to destroy death itself. Leonard studied intensively in medicine and aging and became a brilliant doctor.
However with the death of finance and favourite Labrador puppy Leonard fled to West Africa in a attempt to find himself. It is said he instead found the occult and using the ancient powers of African Vodunism he learnt the powers of animating and controlling the dead. Using these powers he launched his crusade against the secrets of life and death. It is said that Leonard no longer holds the capacity to die.

Reason for fighting the villains:
Leonard believes that with every death the powers that govern death only grow stronger. A war over morality or a world controlled by villains will only produce more death. He decided to join the side that will bring the most order and the least amount of death until he gather enough power to end his crusade and fulfil his oath.

Powers:
Animating the dead/resuscitation, healing others, intelligence, binding souls for later use.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 10:24:37 am »

As much as I don't like villain campaigns... this at least seems to be aware it is a comedy so I can let it slide.

Hmmm heros for them to fight. Let me open my Super Herodex.

I have this one hero who has the ability to grow and shrink inorganic material. He used to try to crush villains under huge pillars of metal until he became a master of robotics.

Now he either creates giant robots that he throws from a pouch (made by growing robots), or he uses nanobots (Created by modifying things full size then shrinking them down).

This allows you to have a hero who also can have minions for your characters to fight as well.

I can probably get a few more out of my Herodex... Probably a few from the Hero Supression Squad.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:36:15 am by Neonivek »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 10:37:05 am »

If you're making cannon fodder I'd suggest using the random button on the Superpower Wiki until you get something you can work with. There are a lot of things that I wouldn't have thought of there. Not a lot of backstory is really needed for a one-time use character.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:51 am »

Here are a few off the top of my head.

Sideways:  Super power is that he can teleport along the east west axis, but not north south axis.

Baron Smirnoff:  A baron who fell into a radioactive vat of cold smirnoff vodka.  Immune to cold and can shoot vodka blasts from his arms. 

Respawn:  On death, he comes back to life at his respawn beacon, usually placed at a fair distance away.  Allows him to be pretty reckless, but usually involves a lengthy run back to the battlefield after dying.  Can be killed permanently if he is killed within 10 feet of his respawn beacon. 

Lady Luck:  Extremely lucky, and makes everyone around her very unlucky, including her allies.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:43:15 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 10:41:36 am »

If you're making cannon fodder I'd suggest using the random button on the Superpower Wiki until you get something you can work with. There are a lot of things that I wouldn't have thought of there. Not a lot of backstory is really needed for a one-time use character.

Boo you are boring... Now I'll never get to use my super hero ideas.

Bye "The Trainer" :(

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:36 am »

Boo you are boring... Now I'll never get to use my super hero ideas.

Bye "The Trainer" :(

I was saying for cannon fodder characters you should use that. Anyone that appears more than once or twice I'd write a background for them and flesh them out a little.

Some ideas aren't in that wiki. If you have a hero idea just write it down here. If it's a good idea there's no doubt it'll be used eventually.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 11:23:48 am »

The most powerful hero in the world is Nemo, with the power to controll all water, boiling it, freezing it, levitating it, all with practically no limits to his reach. He also can breath underwater and command sea life.

That guy sounds like a badass. Where'd you find the idea for him?

A few more ideas...

KRAY•Z

Spheres:
Mechanical, wasting meatbags

Brief Bio:
Long ago, two advanced alien species made war on each other, with a civilized agreement to substitute robots in place of living beings. A virus changed the programming inside the robots and made them hate everything and turn upon their masters and then even inward upon themselves in berserk rage.  KRAY•Z is the last surviving robot, killer of thousands, man and metal alike. KRAY•Z boarded a luxury space-liner filled with alien refugees escaping the armageddon of their homeworld. The destination was a star sytem 60 million light years away, with nine planets, including one that appeared inhabited by large lizards and small furry rodents. A place to rebuild civilization. The captain initiated jump sequence just before KRAY•Z cut through the bridge bulkhead with a plasma chainsaw arm and hoovered the captain inside his chest cavity, which contains a powerful trash compactor called The Juicer 9000.

Reason for fighting the villains:
Upon arriving at Earth 80 million years later, and even more deranged and haywire KRAY•Z ascertains that the planet is no longer filled with cool lizards and cute rodents, but instead with a repugnant lifeform displaying modest amounts of intelligence like its former masters. Also like the alien homeworld, there are different poweful factions going by the names "heroes" and "villians" respectively. It will intervene in the infighting to help the weaker just enough so as to divide and conquer. Objective: Exterminate all sentient life. BZZT.

Powers:
A chest cavity about the size of an elevator which can imprison or juice those that it manages to capture, a plasma chainsaw arm, laser beams eyes, etc.

Weakness:
Deep down, it just wants to be loved. 

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 11:29:05 am »

LORD PURPLE

a giant purple cyclops with 4 arms and an eccentric love of punching things
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.