Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Next On The Dev List!  (Read 5563 times)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Next On The Dev List!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 11:53:06 am »

I am pleased to see the items mentioned on the devlog finally coming about.  There are a few bugs still kicking around, but the really bad ones have been squished for now, and the whole "moving worldgen to play" thing has been a very long-standing goal.  The tendency of players to generate a new world for each fort and not explore anything in adventure mode is really in indication of the game being fractured and incomplete at this point.  The modes are (as I understand it) meant to feed into each other and build an interesting story for the player, but that doesn't really happen yet (except for very contrived cases). 

Basically my point is that the fact that so many players are of the opinion that adventure mode is "pointless" is a problem that needs fixing, because ideally the whole game should be fun. 
where is up?

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 01:01:24 pm »

I'd like a few more bugs squashed (medical dwarfs doing their jobs) but I think Toady starts getting bored fixing bugs and feels the need to create again, and whatever keeps him going and going fast is fine with me.

Lac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 03:23:54 pm »

Right, exactly...I suspect that in Version 1.0, you won't choose to start a Fortress game as a separate thing from an adventurer game. Somehow, in some way, you'll just start a game.
Not saying you're wrong, but if you search for the string "seventy two" in the compilation of Mallock's DFTalk transcripts you'll see the technical/playability challenges in merging the two modes.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 04:15:01 pm »

Not saying you're wrong, but if you search for the string "seventy two" in the compilation of Mallock's DFTalk transcripts you'll see the technical/playability challenges in merging the two modes.

I don't get anything when searching for 72 at that link. Do you mean search for 72 somewhere else?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 06:35:59 pm »

I don't get anything when searching for 72 at that link. Do you mean search for 72 somewhere else?
"seventy two"

Not "72".

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 11:00:48 am »

Not "72".

What the hell I must have been stupid yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 [3]