Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "She has the appearance of somebody who is X years old"...  (Read 869 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"She has the appearance of somebody who is X years old"...
« on: June 03, 2012, 05:32:36 am »

Sorry that I'm making a lot of threads lately, but whenever I try and search for these things, I come up empty handed. :|

It seems that my newly created race all "have the appearance of", instead of having an actual age. Is it possible that I accidentally created an all-vampire race? I haven't even touched anything to do with vampirism.

Also, one of them is described as: "She has loaded a tall body with incredible muscles". What the...?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: "She has the appearance of somebody who is X years old"...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 05:45:22 am »

Means they appear to be X years of age, and are older than the world is.

Same with Arena mode. :P

"loaded a tall body with incredible muscles" is just flavour text to tell you that the creature in question is surprisingly strong and tall for their race.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 06:29:44 am »

Ahhh... d'oh, the age thing should've been obvious.

I still don't really get the grammatical sense of "has loaded a tall body", though, but I'm glad to hear it's not some weird duplicate raws bug or something. :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:54 am »

There are various Modding Questions thread, a genernal 34.xx thread was created by deon here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100707.0 and a few more specfic [MODDING] threads dedicated to 1-2 topics. I, Putnam, and a few others watch these threads for updates/questions.

Questions like this can help reduce clutter on the forums, since most of these are just "1 timers". You can however make a new thread for each question as you have been doing. Or use one of the specially made threads for these very questions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 12:15:08 pm »

Ahhh... d'oh, the age thing should've been obvious.

I still don't really get the grammatical sense of "has loaded a tall body", though, but I'm glad to hear it's not some weird duplicate raws bug or something. :D

It's in passive voice, yes, but it's correct. Would it make more sense if it were to say "her tall body is loaded with incredible muscles"?