Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mutants?  (Read 1102 times)

JDRingo

• Bay Watcher
  • If the cops ask, I'm a lumberjack.
    • View Profile
Mutants?
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

So I've been a fan of DF for a while now, and I just recently got into LCS when youtube suggested Grimmith's LGWI series to me. I'm definitely interested in his strategy of using mutants but for some reason I haven't come across any at all since I started playing a few days ago. I'm using 4.04, btw. Were mutants removed in an earlier version? If not where is the best place to find them? I've been looking in the crack house.
"Armok, the God of Blood, is just about the only constant in these chaotic random universes. A general sense of conflict keeps Armok appeased - when the universe becomes too boring it is set on the anvil of creation to be reforged."

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
  • He's nice (on the inside)
    • View Profile
Re: Mutants?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:41:10 pm »

I believe you can only find mutants when Pollution is at Arch-Conservative.
"And I believe that totalitarianism, if not fought against, could triumph again." - George Orwell
My YouTube Channel.

JDRingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.
"Armok, the God of Blood, is just about the only constant in these chaotic random universes. A general sense of conflict keeps Armok appeased - when the universe becomes too boring it is set on the anvil of creation to be reforged."

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 11:02:16 pm »

Mutants may be encountered if either the Pollution or Nuclear Power issues are Arch-Conservative. If both are Arch-Conservative, the odds of encountering a Mutant increase significantly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 07:31:36 am »

Warning: Consuming Conservative Pollution in order to become an Elite Liberal Supermutant is not guaranteed to work, and will most likely leave you a crippled husk of a person.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Livingstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 11:08:10 am »

I think the arch-conservatives might (and should) build a Mutant Containment Center if the Civil Rights and Pollution went [south] enough. That would probably be the one stop in your way to freedom.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 04:28:24 pm »

I think the arch-conservatives might (and should) build a Mutant Containment Center if the Civil Rights and Pollution went [south] enough. That would probably be the one stop in your way to freedom.
An Arch-Conservative replacement for the Genetics Lab! The cages could either contain Mutants or Zombies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »

Wouldn't be hard to code, either. The zombies would just be non-humans with the same coding as the "animals", so you couldn't seduce or recruit them because they don't have the ability to understand your propaganda or your horrible pick-up lines. And the mutants already exist.

JDRingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »

I'm actually a little proud that my stupid question led to such great ideas.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 04:18:12 pm »

Also when the laws are C+ the place with the most mutant encounters seems to be the homeless shelter.