Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing as Humans, recommended mods? (Fortress Mode)  (Read 891 times)

WriterX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Playing as Humans, recommended mods? (Fortress Mode)
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:16:16 am »

Hello all,

Recently I wanted to give Fortress Mode a go, only with humans instead of Dwarves. I followed the instructions I found, swapping CIV_CONTROLLABLE from Dwarves to the Humans and I managed to start off a game with my human settlers. However, I only now realised, I have no nobles, or options to appoint any (this creates some awkward diplomatic situations)

The only mod I am using is Phoebus, and I do not think it could in some way change the humans.

At the same time, I would want to ask if there are any Human related Mods that I could by chance install with DF .34.10? It's not that I do not enjoy playing as the Dwarves, but I would want to try something different.

Cheers,

WriterX 

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Playing as Humans, recommended mods? (Fortress Mode)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:19:55 am »

Take the nobles in the [MOUNTAIN] entity list and copy pasta them onto humans. For added effect change the NAME not the tag of chief mediacl dwarf, to chief medical human.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

WriterX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:22:08 am »

Hum, can I do this after I started a world, or will I have to start over? Not that I proceeded that far, but am curious.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:23:56 am »

for 31.25 Regen V5.0 has playable humans, but it might add too much for you. Also that is outdated, Even the new Regeneration: Forced Evolution will have humans drastically changed.

but you can do as UltraValican said, Copy all the nobles from MOUNTIAN (dwarves) and drop them at the end of PLAINS (humans) remember some MOUNTAIN nobles have "dwarf" as their name. Unless you want your human lead doc to be called "Cheif Medical Dwarf"

Edit
I think New nobles count as a re-gen "aka" call for a re-gen

WriterX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:46 am »

Cheers, will do that then. I will take a look at the mods you mentioned as well.