Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Spoilers all up ins?) Retrospective (Complaining)  (Read 1912 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I think this is just a case of rose-tinted nostalgia glasses.

Your first complaint is completely invalid considering that the original Deus Ex also didn't have any consequences for going on murderous rampages and killing police officers. Whether you played lethal or non lethal only mattered in the first mission IIRC.

I personally think that all this considered DX:HR was a really good successor to DX1. It has its flaws but so did the original.

Whom you kill or don't affects how several people react to the first mission, Fort Ambrosia with Navarre, the airport, and several other points throughout the game. People ACKNOWLEDGED when you KILL SHIT. It didn't always give you a reward or alter one based on what you did but it always had people pay attention to your acts of wanton violence (if they happened).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ironically, in the first game, the armory guy rewarded you for playing peaceful-like, by giving you more ammo. Which I guess he expects you'll need more when trying not to shoot anyone in the next mission.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Personally, all my ammo went to a silent pistol that I shot behind people to distract them while I crept up to beat them over the head.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 [2]