Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looked at the wiki but still just a bit confused.  (Read 820 times)

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looked at the wiki but still just a bit confused.
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:18:29 pm »

Trying to make a costumer ace (sure that's been said before) mostly for adventure mode. I have been able to make the race appear in arena's but there are two things i am struggling with. 1. Can't seem to make them gen during world creation. the race works, it's costume weapons and gear works in arena, but they don't show up during world spawn. and 2. I'm trying to make them have a venom filled bite. not all that different from what a helmet snake does. despite looking it up for awhile I have no clue how to do this either.

any help here would be very much appreciated. thank you in advance if anyone replies.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Looked at the wiki but still just a bit confused.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »

Post the creature and all related stuff for it. Your problem can be caused by many things.

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:02:12 pm »

Connecting away from my computer right now otherwise I would post. Should mention that the race itself has not been modded greatly at all. I copied a lot of the human raw's. i tried to alter a few of it's stats. gave it a cpl of extra tags (amphibious) and NOFEAR. and changed the weapons it could use. the original purpose I have in mind is making a few "tribes" of humans, each only a little different form the rest but using different gear and having a few extra ability's. as far as giving them a poison bite. i'll fully admit I have no clue how to properly do that, Tried and failed *the race in it's gear does show up in arena, only thing not working is the bite there* Spent a lot of time on the wiki and such but that only got me as far as I got now..and sorry for the noobness that is in this question. first time ever really messing around with something.

Bobcanoosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:34:15 pm »

are the names of your materials the same?
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:OHNOPOISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
and
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:OHNOPOISON:LIQUID:100:100]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:41:19 pm »

Also, that SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT thing is how you do the poison bite, btw.

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 04:06:18 am »

On another machine with another copy of DF..going to restart this whole little project of mine. read threw the wiki one more time and hope I can sort this out..sorry for wasting all your time :(...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:47 pm »

On another machine with another copy of DF..going to restart this whole little project of mine. read threw the wiki one more time and hope I can sort this out..sorry for wasting all your time :(...
It's fine. Your questions are still a fair bit easier to answer then some of the ones we get from time to time.

And as a suggestion you might want to consider sticking your raws into a dropbox, googledocs, or something similar. That way you can access them regardless of what computer you are on as long as you have access to the internet.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.