Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Don't you hate...?  (Read 1566 times)

ToastySpace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't you hate...?
« on: May 29, 2012, 04:29:38 pm »

Don't you hate when you have an Ettin arrive and when you open your gates, the caravan's archer guards shoot it, tearing the heart making it flee and bleed to death? This made me so mad hahah

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Re: Don't you hate...?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

I'm grateful when caravan guards kill invaders for me.   :)
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:15:57 pm »

I do, however hate it when the caravan guards lock on and fire a billion bolts at a lone eagle, raining deadly bolts all over the embark.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:27:38 pm »

The caravans don't visit me anymore.  Something about "I know you've hit the last 27 liaisons with flying minecarts, but if you try that trick one mo-" I didn't hear the rest.  No idea what was so important that he had to run off so quickly.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

Nah. What I do hate, though, is when a siege/megabeastie shows up and manages to kill a merchant, causing them to flee before I can offload all of my useless crap onto their wagons commence the traditional exchange of goods.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:35:09 pm by King DZA »

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:26:54 pm »

Nah. What I do hate, though, is when a siege/megabeastie shows up manages to kill a merchant, causing them to flee before I can offload all of my useless crap onto their wagons commence the traditional exchange of goods.

That. happened to me recently with a three goblin ambushes.
I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:19 pm »

Next caravan to get through gets a large bounty, three seasons of piled up crap for FREE. Assuming the gobbos don't kill them all, of course.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »

When kobolds decide to turncoat. They always HAVE to come when the caravan guards get ahead of the group, leaving the wagons for dead.

EVERY, SINGLE, TIME... I havent traded years, either the kobolds doing it or the forty zombie kobolds that wont stay dead. Cant tell anymore.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »

Nah. What I do hate, though, is when a siege/megabeastie shows up and manages to kill a merchant, causing them to flee before I can offload all of my useless crap onto their wagons commence the traditional exchange of goods.
Ive recently had invaders spawn right next to a caravan. Several times. "A human caravan fro-A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS HAS ARRIVED, Hope you like loads of useless crap draining your fps that you will never use and never be able to completely get rid off".

The worst part is that they usually spawn in the evil half of the map, which gives me quite a bit of zombie cleanup afterwards.

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 02:59:01 am »

The worst part is that they usually spawn in the evil half of the map, which gives me quite a bit of zombie cleanup afterwards.

Oh god, zombie elf merchants.
"You want cloth? We've got the finest robe reed rig-"
*THUCK* Axe tearing the brain. The dwarves turn around, continuing with whatever they were busy before.

"...as I said, rope reed fiber cloth, the best of the bes-"
*THUCK*

"How about a wooden splint?"
(a>b) ? false : true

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 02:59:55 am »

Ive recently had invaders spawn right next to a caravan. Several times. "A human caravan fro-A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS HAS ARRIVED, Hope you like loads of useless crap draining your fps that you will never use and never be able to completely get rid off".

A good magma rinse should get rid of that clutter.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o