Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf cage  (Read 384 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Dwarf cage
« on: May 31, 2012, 04:35:45 pm »

Somehow during a siege my dwarves got in one of the cages, I cant seem to get him out. I cont do it through the normal channels of assigning him to a pasture, as hes a citizen, and doesn't show up
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf cage
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »

Build the cage, hook it up to a lever, pull lever to deconstruct cage and free dwarf.

Happens when one of your dwarves passes out while on top of a trap (e.g. from combat stunning, or from exhaustion).
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 05:12:37 pm »

Or just build the cage and unassign the dwarf, you don't need to go to all the trouble of linking a lever.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 02:47:25 am »

Build the cage, hook it up to a lever, pull lever to deconstruct cage and free dwarf.

Happens when one of your dwarves passes out while on top of a trap (e.g. from combat stunning, or from exhaustion).

don't fight on weapon traps filled with 10x steel discs. Cage traps can save dwarfs that fall unconcious from recieving a death blow, but are a bit annoying in also cageing stunned dwarfs
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:43:11 pm »

I know that, but I hadn't ever had the experiance of a dwarf caught in a trap yet. Animals, sure, I even used that to test out my execution tower with traps on the bottom. They pass out, and then are torn apart. I actually just used it on a real goblin prisoner, works great. Assigning others to pit. Hey, what do I do with goblin thiefs? I know they escape, and I dont want that. Should I threw them into the gladiater arena? would that work?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now