Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tileset problem with 34.10  (Read 1198 times)

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset problem with 34.10
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:12:12 pm »

I have tried both Phoebus and Mayday's most current version and both are having the same problem.  This shot is from Mayday.

Anyone have any idea why my dorfs aren't appearing properly in either set?  Both sets worked just fine with the .08 versions.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset problem with 34.10
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 04:12:02 am »

Are you trying to play a world that was generated in an earlier version of DF, or generated before you added in the tileset? If so you need to copy the contents of your DF/raw/ folder to DF/data/save/yourSaveName(probably 'region1' or somesuch)/raw/

This is because each save has its own copy of the creature graphics (not the tileset) which it gets from your DF/raw/graphics folder, so if you:
1. create a world
2. update DF or add a tileset
3. try to play world..
Your world will still have the old graphics folder from step 1, which may not work quite right after the change in step 2. This leads to exactly what you're seeing - a functioning tileset, but graphics for any creature (including dwarves) are messed up. The save will also have some more subtle bugs because of all the other stuff in your raw folder being out of date, creature graphics are just the most obvious. But copying over the entire save/raw folder from the correct one in DF/raw should fix it all.

I'm just assuming it's only the dwarves/creatures that are broken, if so then the above is probably what's wrong. If the entire tileset (walls, trees, etc.) is broken, you have a bigger problem - but presumably you would have mentioned that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:27:10 am by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 04:51:58 am »

I'm just assuming it's only the dwarves/creatures that are broken, if so then the above is probably what's wrong. If the entire tileset (walls, trees, etc.) is broken, you have a bigger problem - but presumably you would have mentioned that.

I do have this latter problem.
I think it happend after i manually tried to install Phoebus tileset :|

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 05:08:26 am »

It's explained on my FAQ page (at least I hope it is...).
http://artgoblin.pl/DFGhelp.php
<3

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:59 pm »

Beauty, thanks Anathema and Mike that was the problem.  It is a succession game and the first guy didn't use a tile set and I was lazy when I added them for my turn.  Internet forums make it easy to be lazy on things like this, just post a new question every time instead of looking around for 2 minutes.  :D