Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I got a Vampire...  (Read 2738 times)

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I got a Vampire...
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »

I've never seen an animal fall unconscious without being critically injured, and they don't stay that way long without waking up or dying.

Too bad vampires can't slake their blood thirst with successful bite attacks, even if it didn't inflict any special extra status or injury on the target.  Military vampires would make more sense if they could.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

CheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 05:03:32 pm »

Vampires don't need blood to survive, but they do want blood, and if they're deprived for a long time they seem to come out much thirstier than they would be otherwise.  If you lock her up for a couple of years, and then release her, she'll probably go from bedroom to bedroom draining people enough to kill them outright.

I think I could... ahh... arrange... one or two peons to fall sleep close to her, you know, behind a locked door, of course. From time to time.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »

(Last time I took a run at the Wiki, it said Animals don't sleep. Is that true?)
They can be made to sleep, with syndromes, and then are valid targets for feeding (somebody checked this out with sleep-inducing evil weather).

I had the idea of modding in some large domestic creature with a syndrome that would cause intermittent sleepiness. This syndrome would affect only the creature, and ideally would transmit itself tidily. A blood-borne syndrome would be best, or maybe a contact syndrome spread by a self-destructing body part on the creature. Maybe one that would melt onto the creature and then evaporate...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 06:41:59 pm »

Do dwarves regain lost blood over time? If so, the trick is not to deprive your vampire of blood, but to get a blood letting rotation chart.

Also, would their lack of alcohol slow down their attacks too? That seems like the real issue.

CheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 02:12:08 pm »

Update:

My level 20 legendary vampire hammerdwarf somehow managed to kill another dwarf while on station. So I locked her room. I had a siege, but my normal military deal with it with only 1 serious injury. I now have found a nice cavern and I'll release  my vampire into the caverns.

Should I designate a burrow and put her on patrol on all those cavern levels? Or do I just send her there on station, close the door and release her?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 02:16:43 pm »

Either works really. Stationing is more reliable imo
Pages: 1 [2]