Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whats the easiest why to earn persuasion  (Read 1330 times)

Keigan

• Bay Watcher
  • Death or Liberal
    • View Profile
Whats the easiest why to earn persuasion
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:09:21 am »

Im haveing a bit of trouble HELP ME  :'(
- A Fat Liberal

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the easiest why to earn persuasion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:38:00 am »

Activate Liberal -> Legal Fundraising -> Solicite Donations.

Then just ignore your liberals.  They'll quickly gain persuasion and a bit of cash.

DON'T do this if they are wanted for crimes, as there is a chance of them getting spotted by the police.

Also, attempting to recruit anyone will gain you persuasion.  From what I recall, you learn persuasion by both attempting to get someone to come by later and talk, and for the recruitment conversation.

You can also spend money by studying Public Policy at the university.  Useful if you have money to burn and liberals that need quick help in persuasion, although I typically have more important things for my liberals to learn (like gymnastics so they can dodge bullets).

Keigan

• Bay Watcher
  • Death or Liberal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:00 am »

Thanks bro
- A Fat Liberal

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:17:31 am »

Find prostitutes/mutants/transients at the crack house. Try to recruit 3 of them. Leave crack house.

For every meeting, choose option B, just talking with no spending money. If any decide to break off meetings, go get more until you're at 3 meetings per day again. When you have 3 people who consistently want to talk more, just WBBBBBBB WBBBBBBB WBBBBBBB to wait then talk to them every day. Every time you talk to them successfully (which should be every day), you gain persuasion skill. This counts for each person, so you get 3x the persuasion of trying to recruit someone.

This is by far the easiest way I've found. Using a character with high Charisma, you can easily get 10+ Persuasion in not too long. Only disadvantage is that it takes lots of in-game days.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:19:11 am by BoxOfAids »

JDRingo

• Bay Watcher
  • If the cops ask, I'm a lumberjack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:39:39 am »

Actually, I'm pretty sure 5 is the maximum number of meetings until you start losing control of your schedule. During my first playthrough though I had 6 or 7 meetings daily for my founder, so I think after five it becomes a dice roll whether or not you end up blowing off one of your appointments.
"Armok, the God of Blood, is just about the only constant in these chaotic random universes. A general sense of conflict keeps Armok appeased - when the universe becomes too boring it is set on the anvil of creation to be reforged."

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 11:58:21 am »

Actually, I'm pretty sure 5 is the maximum number of meetings until you start losing control of your schedule. During my first playthrough though I had 6 or 7 meetings daily for my founder, so I think after five it becomes a dice roll whether or not you end up blowing off one of your appointments.

Didn't think it was that high, I could have sworn I had issues at 4. I'll have to test this out a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:49:02 am »

I'm surprised that you're having trouble at 5.  I could have sworn the maximum was 6.  I've never had problems with 6 or fewer meetings.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:15:09 pm »

Same here, EuchreJack. Never forgot a meeting at six or less.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »

It's possible I made the system excessively complicated and the minimum changes based on some criteria related to the person.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 05:25:28 pm »

While that sounds typical for LCS, my general experience has always been that I've never forgot an appointment when six or less conversations, and I often forget at least one conversation if I have more than six.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 11:35:40 pm »

While that sounds typical for LCS, my general experience has always been that I've never forgot an appointment when six or less conversations, and I often forget at least one conversation if I have more than six.

Liberal short-term memory: On the low end of the 7+/-2 spectrum.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:31 pm »

We never said they were the brightest crayons in the box :P

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 04:03:29 pm »

You can also pick up a bit of persuasion by prostitution or selling brownies, although that's the high risk way to do it.