Advanced search  

Poll

Do you like Elves at all?

Yes, I like Elves.
No. Hate them.
I neither hate nor like Elves.
If they bring exotic animals/other useless crap = Diplomatic immunity/Yes

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Elves. Do you like them? ~REEEEEESULTS ARE IN!~  (Read 15366 times)

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves. Do you like them? ~REEEEEESULTS ARE IN!~
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2012, 03:52:01 pm »

Holy crap, combine those two mods, and you'll have legendary bowman superzombie elves that TOTALLY WRECK anyone who messes with their forests. Green zones?
Green zones = High quarantine zone specifically focusing on Elfitis. Filled with trees, Elves and big, scary animals. So very green. Step in those, you're not coming out. Trading with Elves is done at an arms length, and then some.

Damn it, you just made elves awesome.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2012, 04:07:06 pm »

Until trees come into play I'm totally cool with elves. If I need animals or cloth their totally welcome but if I'm looking for a fight those tree hugging bastards are the ones I'm slaughtering.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »

Well, given that I'm an avid LOTR fan, played Horde in WoW (more than half the server population was blood elves - blech), have absolutely no tolerance for arrogance, tend to keep all my items in wooden bins... I hate them.

Elves are K.O.S. Always. No matter what. Elf shows up on the map, it's led into a brutal execution room where it is slaughtered. Sometimes, if I'm feeling generous, I'll let a caravan into the depo and trade it some bone crafts, let it take them home. Sieze everything else.

May as well let them collect their dead.  ;D
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2012, 05:10:19 pm »

Holy crap, combine those two mods, and you'll have legendary bowman superzombie elves that TOTALLY WRECK anyone who messes with their forests. Green zones?
Green zones = High quarantine zone specifically focusing on Elfitis. Filled with trees, Elves and big, scary animals. So very green. Step in those, you're not coming out. Trading with Elves is done at an arms length, and then some.

Damn it, you just made elves awesome.
28 trees later.
I've been fortunate enough to not stumble upon an evil biome with raining elf blood yet. Although it would make sense... The eye of the plague...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »

Two words: Cacame Awemedinade.

Other than him, yeah, I'll trade, but don't push me. Same as 'umans. (Or other races I've modded in, like halflings or semi-intelligent 'bolds or gnomes or...)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MonsteR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2012, 05:32:30 pm »

Never had a problem with Elves, despite clear-cutting massive areas of forest. I welcome all traders as it is a good way to pick up minor goods that I'm too lazy to set up an industry for, as well as cool animals and whatnot. Although I agree with the sentiment that, should I get bored and have a well equipped army, they are the ones that I'm going after >:D

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2012, 07:15:03 pm »

I hate elves. Hate em hate em hate em. If they have cool animals? I kill them and take the animals. If not? My depot has a platform above it with a tube of water running into it. I just close the drawbridge and fill the container. Then I empty it out onto my prisoners who are in pits outside of the "trading" area. Yay!
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2012, 07:32:22 pm »

They're worth more as trade relations than as enemies -- their loot sucks and so does their challenge rating. I can get them to bring plenty of cheap wood, I never have to spare a dwarf for lumber, only for necessary clearing. Leaving trees alive serves a defensive purpose, as it controls the approach of invaders so you can predict where to set traps. In caverns it can also make a wall to hold FB's, so I can address them at my own leisure. Elvish pets are a great bonus, especially if they come from savage lands.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »

Elf trade goods are pretty useful, which is a shame because elf sieges are great fun. They're so easy to kill! So what's not to like about elves?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2012, 12:20:31 pm »

Elf trade goods are pretty useful, which is a shame because elf sieges are great fun. They're so easy to kill! So what's not to like about elves?
When they're inside your dining room rapid firing your metalsmiths?

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2012, 12:27:12 pm »

I love elves. They bring me tribute every year, and I don't give them anything in return except the ability to walk away with their lives.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:55 pm »

Reluctantly I trade with them - trading my dabbling craftrers rock baubles for stacks of food, booze and cloth jumpstarts my fort development. I hate them though, when I first started playing, many, many moons ago, the first fort I established where I didn't succumb to starvation, dehydration or animals eating my starting seven, during that unforgettable moment when I thought I was getting the hang of things, elven ambush! 30 archers just peppered the hells out of everything :( Been creating sealable floodable trade depots ever since ;)
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]