Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven robotics!  (Read 650 times)

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
Dwarven robotics!
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:30:01 pm »

My first mod I plan to keep it simple adding a few domestic-and rogue! robots to the game
But I have a small query

But how do I keep them from being nigh invincible because they will be (most of them) made out of metal
 I just dont want them ending up like other metalic beings*cough*bronze collosi *cough*
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven robotics!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »

Give them really thin metal "skin"?
Or, even better, fill them with vital organs as various bits of circuitry, that cause various damages like standard paralysis, blindness, etc. like creatures do, and bleed out some sort of classic sci-fi robot coolant.
So you can stab them in the chest, tearing the motion analysis and response unit! The robot's chest is gushing coolant. The robot falls over... (Also, is it possible to make them spark and explode slightly on death...? Hmm, science!)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 04:13:38 pm »

Well Im not sure if Im going to be able to acheive all of this but I will certainly try! to the raws I go
(thanks!) =)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 05:33:08 pm »

DWARVEN SPIDER WORKERS
DWARVEN SPHERES
DWARVEN CENTURIONS
I CAN SEE IT NOW

I'm sorry. My inner Dovahkinn took over for a few.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:36:43 pm »

For ways of making inorganic creatures look at Project Clockwerks, and Putnam's "automation mod" which was daywalkah's old one that he gave up on.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 12:51:42 pm »

Ok so I took an hour out of my free time for some hardcore brainstorming and I think Im going to split them up into main technologies
Magmorg tek
Big chunkybrutes that take tough to a whole new level they each have a large furnace inside that burns extremely hot some of the higher tier robots can even weaponise there furnace into a fire blast
Lower tier
-Brutes
 simple circular hull with beefy arms and legs
-Scoutflames
 brute with a hoverflame variant instead of legs
Med tier
-Berserkers
Larger tougher axe weilding brutes deadly at close range
-Fireball towers
Dwarf height towers with flames a top that strike incoming threats with vannila fireballs but with a three turn recharge
-Hellwitness
Smaller brutes with less armor but can command fire itself the grill on most magmorg tech robots is nonexistent and can control the fire out of its main hull into a variety of flame based attacks
Higher tier
Deathbringer
Incredibly tough with twin Hammers capable of smashing through the toughest of armours
Magmonster
Troll sized magmorg cyborg wth a cannon capable of blowing holes in other robots a Firebomb punch a punch that releases a large wave of heat
that will perma-burn most organic life forms and an rapid firing arbelest

Please tell me what you think and suggest new technolagies and robots