Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No option for rock pots in latest version?  (Read 2146 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
No option for rock pots in latest version?
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:30:55 pm »

I'm looking at the mason's workshop interface and I can't order him to make rock pots.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: No option for rock pots in latest version?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »

Rock pots are made by crafts dwarves in the craftsdwarf shop.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »

Yeah, it's craftsdwarf's workshop -> rock -> make rock pot, using the stonecrafting labor. Alternatively, the manager screen can be used to get a certain number, though you can't set it to repeat.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »

Rock pots are made by crafts dwarves in the craftsdwarf shop.

I'm a moron, sorry. I haven't played in a while...still gotta remember a lot of the basics.

(Like bringing cats. FFS.)
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:17 pm »

I hear that.   First couple years for my current fort were a rat plague of biblical proportions.  Turned loose the mob of cats I ordered for autumn trade year two, and what do you know, it IS possible to stockpile more food than about 1 unit per 4 dwarves.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

USP45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 12:44:40 pm »

Alternatively just use the j > m (Job Manager) screen to make them.  No need to know where they're getting made or who makes them.  :-)

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 10:31:29 am »

I hear that.   First couple years for my current fort were a rat plague of biblical proportions.  Turned loose the mob of cats I ordered for autumn trade year two, and what do you know, it IS possible to stockpile more food than about 1 unit per 4 dwarves.

Huh. And here I thought the problem was that he DID bring a cat. Catsplosion and such, donchaknow.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 10:44:07 am »

Huh. And here I thought the problem was that he DID bring a cat. Catsplosion and such, donchaknow.

That's only a problem if you don't butcher the kittens.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 10:48:55 am »

That's cruel, mean, selfish and above all else impractical. It's worth diddly and still costs FPS. :(
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 12:07:06 pm »

That's cruel, mean, selfish and above all else impractical. It's worth diddly and still costs FPS. :(

They would butcher you if they could. ;-)

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 12:25:39 pm »

That's only a problem if you don't butcher the kittens.
Keep one female cat and butcher any other female cats\kittens and keep the male kittens\cats.  The extra male cats are good decoys/scouts.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 03:06:24 pm »

They would butcher you if they could. ;-)

Poppycock.  They prefer to eat things they just killed seconds ago, with no middlecat or storage involved.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 03:39:40 pm »

that's what they want you to think...
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.