Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode help  (Read 503 times)

JTTCOTE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode help
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:08:31 am »

I've played adv. mode in v31, but v34 changes things a lot. For one thing, why does my fast travel screen now look totally different, and how do I navigate that?

Also, and more importantly, how do I find a vampire? It used to be bandit camps, but now every guy gives me vampire quests. How do I find a vampire, short of going to the right spot in Quest menu and talking to every single guy to match names?

JTTCOTE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode help
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:05:47 am »

Ok, I've gotten a vampire quest for someone in a fort. I've talked to I believe everyone in the fort, and none of them matches the name I have. Do vampires change their names in adventure mode, or have I somehow missed someone?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:35:13 am »

I've played adv. mode in v31, but v34 changes things a lot. For one thing, why does my fast travel screen now look totally different, and how do I navigate that?

Also, and more importantly, how do I find a vampire? It used to be bandit camps, but now every guy gives me vampire quests. How do I find a vampire, short of going to the right spot in Quest menu and talking to every single guy to match names?

If you just got the newest version (34.10) the fast travel screen is the same; it's just bigger.

The easiest way to find a vampire is, once you have been given the quest, talk to people in the area you are sent to about "services" and they will give you more fine directions to the bloodsucker.

fakechuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:46:10 am »

The only really new thing about the 34 travel screen in adventurer mode is that you have to walk on roads when you are in the core of towns/hamlets.

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:38:09 pm »

Your vampire will probably be in a big building in the middle of the city as the extra years they have helps them reach better positions. Every vampire I found was inside a fort-like building exactly in the middle of the city. And every single one I have encountered shined. I mean that like the U (or Ü) sign would go light-green, dark-green. And you just talk to him and accuse him and you see his true form (which is most of the time a giant dick, coz they're really hard to kill -.-)

If you have companions, they'll help you out. But don't wait for them to die, attack WITH them.

Hope I helped.

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:18:28 pm »

i have the same problem except the quest is werid...

ok, well the map pointed to a place that is on the edge of the town, i went there and ask around, they said that he is in the fortress east (the main castle).

So i go to the castle and when i ask some people in the castle, they said he is just due west of here... any help?
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »

Finding people in cities has been tricky. If they're civ or faction leaders, it's easy to find them, they're always in the central keep. If they're soldiers or scouts, they can be on either the keep walls or the main city walls. I've got one I've never found, another I found on the outskirts of town, and two more who resolved the quest before I ever encountered them or their corpses.

JTTCOTE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 10:03:42 pm »

OK, through trial and error I've found the vampire is in the keep (They're all these dead bodies and no one cares). The vampire is Uram something, but no one on the ground floor matches. I think there's a stairway, but people block it. It looks like this:
U<U
There's supposed to be a block next to it, but there isn't. How do I go up it?

Also, if I grab companions from the keep and accuse the vampire will they turn on me?

Also, how do I drink from a well?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 10:31:15 pm »

This is turning into a lot of questions best posted to the Adventure Mode forum. Maybe you should read this, too: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Adventurer_mode