Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rotating burrow assignments?  (Read 333 times)

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rotating burrow assignments?
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:19:53 pm »

Is there any way to automatically rotate dwarves into and out of a burrow?  I know you can achieve a similar effect with squad patrol orders, but it's workers I need to move, not warriors.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Rotating burrow assignments?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »

If you want to move your entire civilian population to a one of several sets of burrows, just use civilian alert states. If you want to move individual dwarves, then you'll have to do it by hand.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 04:34:43 pm »

Nah, I'm digging a giant thing (looking like about 8 years to complete at this rate), but I'm lacking in basic infrastructure in the fortress proper; I wanted to assign a handful of miners to work on rooms and corridors and stuff, but periodically change which miners they were.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »

Yeah, that's going to have to be manual.  I ask the game to pause each season when I want to do those sorts of things.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.