Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants Leaving Soon... Farewell... ... ... ... (they're not leaving!)  (Read 517 times)

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I might have broken the merchants at my Depot where they refuse to leave. When the merchants farewell message appeared I returned to the game and quickly hit the pause key then thought I was lucky to still be able to trade.... so I did some more trading.  Now an entire month has passed and they're still not leaving. 

*Nothing blocking their path... no gates... or trees...  green path all the way.

Has anyone had this happen to them?   Will I need to kill them?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:52:44 am by NTJedi »

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Nevermind... they finally started packing.  Not sure why it took almost two months after the farewell message.

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sometimes, when they have lots of items to pack without bins, they may indeed take quite some time to leave. Two months are on the far end of it though, so it might be something else, but considering that mine frequently take around a month to leave while they pack all those useless stonecrafts I don't think it's too far fetched to attribute it to this.

Additionally, sometimes one just screw's up and blocks their path or something, and at that point you open up another can of worms.  :)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

If you do some mouse-designation (just select "remove designation" and click+hold in some undesignated area), you can get the caravans to load their stuff without unpausing. The same trick can be used for diplomat meetings, though it'll also cause some other oddities such as dwarves becoming more hungry/thirsty/sleepy, trying to find new jobs, or cats adopting pets.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.