Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hitman: Absolution, Killing Latex Clad Nuns.  (Read 10784 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hitman: Absolution, Killing Latex Clad Nuns.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 01:08:45 am »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 03:49:53 am »

Well indefense of the scantly clad nuns you could bring forth that Hitman isn't wearing exactly practical clothes either...a tuxedo is damn uncomfortable for all the stuff he does...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 07:46:51 am »

Agent 47: That's gender equality.

I don't think there is anything wrong with female mercs and assassins. Yeah it looks like a way to introduce sexual content into the game but after seeing Red Alert 3 I don't think this is offensive. Eariler Hitman titles had sexuality too.

I'd be lying if I said the over-sexuality of the costumes of mercs didn't make me laugh though. You don't go to kill a guy while dressed in that. The look may stun normal targets for a second but we are talking about the asexual and asocial guy, Agent 47 here. He just assassinates without caring about who.

I don't see anything offending about the trailer. Women aren't defenseless poor creatures that needs to be preserved or something. There are female agents and assassins in real life (though not like in the movies and games obviously) and that's how Agent 47 rolls anyway.

I'm more worried about the game not being sandboxy. I don't know if it's true or not though.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 10:34:18 am »

Actually this trailer is pretty accurate as long as my games are concerned.

1 - Backstab (the garote takes too long) group of retarded NPCs one by one without them noticing.
2 - Finally get noticed after backstabing 3-4 of them.
3 - Random gunfight.
4 - Complete objective/Objective completed
5 - Get to extraction point.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »

i pay good money to be spanked by some latex nuns. Then I get a turn to spank them too. Lets have a spanking party!
I got nothing

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 06:44:11 pm »

Minor necro, but w/e

Honestly, those were some pretty incompetent assassins. One of them knew Kung Fu and that was the extent of their abilities. Did they know they were going against a man who killed everyone at his own funeral, including a dozen FBI agents? Why did they all face straight ahead?

Ah well. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that was a cool trailer.

The nonsense about "sexualization" and "sexism" is just that, though. Many, many female game characters have come to fights dressed in far more provocative/sillier clothing than that without evoking outrage against "EIDOS'S HATRED OF WOMEN EVERYWHERE". The real problem seems to be that they get killed by our hero, and frankly that's far more sexist than this trailer. Its not like Agent 47 prowled the streets for women to murder; they blew his door up with an RPG. Not his fault that they're lacklustre assassins at best.

My biggest problem with this trailer (and, indeed, with most Hitman trailers) is that it really doesn't reflect the core gameplay at all. He kills the first couple stealthily, which is all well and good. He then decides "Well, that was some fun stealthing, lets take on this heavily armed hit squad with just my pistols by appearing in the middle of their formation guns blazing!" whereupon he starts getting beat up (by the aforementioned Kung Fu nun). It would have made far more sense (and, in my humble opinion, made a far better trailer) to have had him stealthily dispatch each assassin one by one, only for the last to turn around to see 47 right there. Had it been intended to show that 47 is injured and getting older (as I have seen some say), then maybe one of them catches him later. Either way, it would have worked better than him deciding he needs some bullet-dodging practice.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »

So what we've learned from this, is that people who haven't played the game or seen the old trailers will bitch that "its nothing like the old game" and people who have don't really care enough to argue against the drooling hordes of twats screaming "sexist!".

On the plus side, the gameplay in chinatown video looks like hitman alright.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »

http://kotaku.com/5925430/watch-five-hits-and-one-kidnapping-in-17-minutes-of-hitman-absolution

I think it's looking very good. It's very cleaner/Anton Chigurh - like, and all of the xray assists and such you can turn off in a purist mode, and etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]