Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dehydrating Patients  (Read 894 times)

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
Dehydrating Patients
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:43:37 am »

I've just fought off an epic goblin siege, and my wounded are being tended to in the hospital. For some reason, two patients were stacked on the same bed, both showing "no job" instead of "resting". No-one would bring them water or food, while all the other patients were properly fed and given water to. The other one dies pretty soon of thirst, and after that the live one was fed IMMEDIATELY. Is the stacking patients a bug, or have I missed something? The hospital had plenty of free beds as well, only about 6 of the 20 in total were in use. Also, the dead one, as I recall, had a wound in his tongue (or cheek), but didn't show anything like "ability to drink lost". During this, I had about 50 idlers, most of them were hanging around in the next room. Any way to solve similar problems in the future?

petebull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dehydrating Patients
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:15:52 pm »

deconstruct the bed so that the patient gets rescued another time.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »

Remove the floor around them, cause them to fall via cave-in, and have them get re-injured.  Your butchers medics need more practice anyway.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:22:43 pm »

I've had the same problem just today and yesterday. The two became dehydrated - but people gave them water, just fine. They got separated when one of them was operated on. I would suggest creating more people with only recover wounded and give food/water enabled, as nurses and/or using a burrow for the hospital, well, and food. One of them is at starving and thirsty again, though...

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:58:14 pm »

Also note that if you're using v0.34.08 that there was a water hauling bug which could cause that problem which was fixed in v0.34.09.

Bug #5882: Dwarves take forever to fill a bucket
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:46:52 am »

I think my version is the something-something.07. Should download the new one, but I'm kinda lazy (and using LNP). I already made about 10 nurses, all of them just idled in the meeting hall. I tried save-scumming (first time, honestly!), and deconstrction helped nothing, neither did the cave-in bug. So I'm guessing I should just download the latest version.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 08:02:37 am »

Uh-oh, might be facing something bigger here. Lots of dwarves go "no job" and proceed to sit on top of the starving and thirsty patient, they are forming ACTUAL QUEUES! What the heck is going on? :D