Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: History of a random cripple.  (Read 1754 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
History of a random cripple.
« on: May 21, 2012, 03:18:17 am »

Whilst experimenting with the new minecarts in a fort I created I receive a migrant wave of around twenty, within this migrant wave were dozens of ex-soldiers amoung them one with a Titan kill and...
HOLYCRAP!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Having heard of such astoundingly injured cripples I decide on an investigation of the legends and Unib (who has no kills by the way) starts to seem more and more pathetic.
Apparently he was attacked by Ngom Cuspsins the Lute of Sloths. Interest piqued I decide on an investigation.
And suddenly I find myself wondering how this happened, delving into the events section of the legends I find the battle where this stabbing takes place.
Unib was one lucky dwarf to survive the onslaught of a super goblin. Ironically Ngom was a crossbowman/archer and Unib a bowyer.
Goes to show why you should respect the cripples. I mean the guy has a broken brain and he just keeps on going!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:21:37 am by Edmus »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: History of a random cripple.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:01:04 am »

You'd think 60 : 1 is enough to completely destroy an enemy army... but apparently nope, conservation of ninjutsu is in full effect.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:13 am »

You'd think 60 : 1 is enough to completely destroy an enemy army... but apparently nope, conservation of ninjutsu is in full effect.
I have seen plenty super goblins before but never a survivor of an onslaught from them.

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:10:50 am »

that is one badass goblin
I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:57:19 am »

I've had one come as well, but all his wounds healed near instantly after arriving.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:50:16 am »

I've had one come as well, but all his wounds healed near instantly after arriving.
I wonder what would happen if you exploited the stasis effect to make exploding dwarves that die as soon as they migrate.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 08:25:43 am »

I wonder what would happen if you exploited the stasis effect to make exploding dwarves that die as soon as they migrate.
It's already been done with cats. Just mod them to boil at an extremely low temperature. It has no effect during world gen, but as soon as they enter the map...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

The goblin was obviously using adventure mode tactics.