Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: app crash  (Read 1442 times)

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
app crash
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:02:39 pm »

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4f7592fe
  Fault Module Name:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4f7592fe
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   002b8faa
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I know this is more Windows related than Dwarf Fortress related probably but does anyone know any reason why I would keep getting App crashes in the middle of gameplay ? It has happened several times and is getting pretty damn aggravating because I only autosave once a year. Windows 7 32 bit AMD phenom II X3 705e  onboard graphics radeon hd 4200 all drivers up to date.

So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: app crash
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:58:41 pm »

Try genning a new world, or saving.Is the game crashing in the same moment during the same thing?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:02:45 pm »

No its pretty random. I just updated to the .09 release in my newb pack to see if that helps..so I'm gonna play a lil while and see what happens.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »

Mods? Dfhack? Tilesets?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 07:46:32 pm »

no mods...no dfhack..pretty much vanilla outta the box newb pack 12. It has dfhack and all that but i was not using any of it.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:40:49 am »

Is the exception offset always the same? That's the point in the code that has crashed. If it's always the same, it's DF's problem. If not, it's probably your pc in some way.

EDIT: Also I'd try removing DFHack if you can. IIRC it requires renaming an SDL.dll?

EDIT2: Also try disabling TrueType in the init.txt if it's enabled, there have been crashes caused by truetype.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »

LNP is anything but vanilla - if actual vanilla DF (i.e. downloaded straight from bay12games) still crashes, then it's probably a legitimate bug.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 05:53:22 pm »

It hasn't happened again. I was having the disappearing font and turned true type off and have been playing 34.10 since last night with no problems. Thanx for trying to help me out though.