Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k Chapter Quest  (Read 668 times)

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warhammer 40k Chapter Quest
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:31:00 pm »

So after my first try at a Roleplaying game was like utterly missing player activity even on the first posts here goes the second one with (hopefully) more active players and a way more easy to understand ruleset. Now, what are you going to play as in this game? Well, YOU are a Recruit of the Adeptus Astartes! However, not just any Recruit, no, you and a few chosen others are selected to form a new chapter of space marines for the task of going further into the outer lands of the Empire than anyone did before, trained by the best instructors, selected with great care and modified with a optimal gene seed you will form one of the finest Space Marine chapters to exist...now, how will this work? Well, we will start the game with the "Blood Trial", this is a test conducted in a quite big arena in form of 5v5v5v5 simulated combat till only one team is left alive to determine future skills such as leadership or positions in a squad, now, what does "simulated" mean? The best technology was put into this simulator so it can properly appear as a real combat environment, wounds are displayed accurate aswell as pain is, the only difference from real combat is you don't die...hopefully.

However, this will not be a simple forum game, why? I'm planning to set ths up on at least ONE other forum which will be not posted here at all, they might play space marines, too, or possibly the imperial army or any faction you can imagine, their decisions will have impacts on your game and vice versa, if anyone wants to host this on another Forum, FEEL FREE, If you need help setting it up contact me, only requirement: Message back to me regulary what happened in your forum so I can make an information post to all GMs about what happened in all the worls so they can use it in their games, what's so interesting at that? Well, that Necron Lord you're facing in a current situation might actually be another player..or just a NPC, you can't know.

Character signup sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So alright, now, how will this work, you start out as a very low recruit who doesn't have shit to say, but eventually if you don't die (Death rate is excepted to be 60% roughly, this isn't a childrens playground at all!) then you can rank up and work yourself up the ladder, now, what that means is: You could be the Sargeant of a Tactical Marine squad, or even be the commander of a navy ship, you could command a Land Raider or even become the Chapter commander, be a Apothecarius or a Librarian, anything basically, that being said, I need suggestions on the NAME, COLOR SCHEME and CODEX IMPORTANCE and STRENGHTS of the Chapter, form is below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Combat is all done by me with a simple roll system using a random generator, however, describe fighting as best as you can, if you're not writing that your character is searching for cover to take I'm not going to let him take cover, and thus he won't get any defensive bonuses. I also didn't go for counting ammunition precisely, basically: If you shoot non-stop in a missions and dont get to pick new ammo up it'll be empty at some point, but that should happen very rarely. If you got any special character idea just write it to me and I MIGHT accept it. Have good time writing your applications, starting players are capped at 5. If you die you will just jump in as a regular marine again, however, I will allow certain benefits to players who had a char dieing, example: Somoene lost his Space Marine sargeant I might actually offer him to jump back in as the 2nd in command of a squad, so it's possible to get to the top, however you might just aswell have to start over.

SO: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GO- No wait, Wrong line: LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!