Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding vampires.  (Read 1554 times)

Daint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding vampires.
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:19:51 am »

These quest are damn annoying, every time i ask someone in the town for directions they tell me " Search the cottage to the east" i ofcourse go to the east and search all the houses and ask someone there for directions they tell me " search the cottage to the west" it has been going on like that for almost 1 hour now and i cant find the vampire. Any easier way of dealing with it? Or giving up quests-

Xenogenic

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you will find the magma leak eventually.
    • View Profile
Re: Finding vampires.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:42:20 am »

Maybe one of them is the vampire?
Dwarven Safety is kind of like a gun in a kindergarten. every single toddler wants to play with it and they will put elaborate plans in motion to get their hands on it. A hundred tiny hands grasping for death and crawling all over you begging for it.

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:06:59 am »

Usually Vampires appear like they are flashing Lords or War Leaders. However, I find that directions are helpful in getting to him in the first place.

If you keep going east or west as told, eventually you should find that house with the Vampire in it, however, be sure to check a bit North or South. NPCs don't know how to say ENE or WNW.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:06:54 pm »

When you have the right house they don't give you a direction anymore. That's when you look for the one named what they've been telling you to look for.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:54:53 am »

If they tell you to look to the East, look to the house immediately to the East. Ask everyone in there via service where the vampire is. Rinse, repeat until they give no directions. At that point, the vampire is in the same room as you.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:01:25 am »

Are you Sarah Connor?
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 03:32:21 pm »

I think that !Pale! effect still works for vampires hiding in civs. Worth checking, if your search had gone on for awhile. Another tactic: slaughter the entire town, load backup save, you'll know who you're looking for afterwards.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 03:34:37 pm »

They almost always flash as though they're legendary, check for that. Also, IIRC, the people in the same house as them can be cultists, which will attack you, so be careful.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0