Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Space Wagon?  (Read 1026 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Space Wagon?
« on: May 16, 2012, 04:21:05 am »

Ages ago I remember reading in some patch notes that clothing layers can insulate you. It was either that dwarves got unhappy thoughts from being cold, and having fur coats made from arctic creatures stopped thee thoughts... or it was that the clothing layers effected the way dwarves were effected by temperature. Not sure which.

I was hoping to lower the boiling/freezing point of dwarves to very low and make the homeciv only have access to a very insulating material. The only units of clothing would then be called Spacesuits and if all went well the dwarves could survive in the vacuum (actually normal temperatures, but deadly to a naked dwarf by this stage).

If not ill have to make their "skin" into the spacesuit, and just have the lower levels boil/freeze at a lower point. Then if they are ever penetrated they will explode in a decompressy red cloud.

Moon/Mars Fortress anyone? Maybe we can call it "2001, a Dwarf Odyssey"

psychomantits

• Bay Watcher
  • a menacing lawn gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Space Wagon?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 04:32:45 am »

If not ill have to make their "skin" into the spacesuit, and just have the lower levels boil/freeze at a lower point. Then if they are ever penetrated they will explode in a decompressy red cloud.
I totally love the idea

Drapestar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:56:44 am »

i'd think your have to change the dwarves skin to make it work otherwise there will be exploding babies and children everywhere.

also when the spacesuit gets worn out they will take it off to get another and well yeah.

unless you want that fun to happen  ;D
1) kill parents
2) rename batman
3) if the child survives until maturity, make him a militia captain

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:54:51 am »

I think the "spacesuit" should simply be an additional tissue layer.

Also, good luck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:56 am »

I think the "spacesuit" should simply be an additional tissue layer.

Also, good luck.

If you did this you could take a cue from cave floaters to simulate outgassing when the layer is punctured.