Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] >2.0<  (Read 48240 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] >2.0<
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2012, 02:59:57 pm »

Not with any luck, no. :/

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2012, 07:20:05 pm »

Figured I'd throw another update out there.

We're progressing along. I caught a good equipped abductor with Sectoids in it on the ground. Thankfully my opponent was good mannered and he didn't suicide his leader unit. I lost an additional 3 soldiers(2/3 being worthless grunts) assaulting his last Sectoid, the leader himself(abusing mind control, apparently mind controlled X-com gain TUs for reaction fire at the end of the alien's turn). However, with some chain throwing(I got a small launcher across the map by throwing it to one person, then he picked it up and threw it to the next...and so on. My first small launcher I used to breach the UFO was mind controlled) I got a small launcher to the front door. Though there was no need, for he had mind controlled my small launcher guy, and had left him right next to the leader when he lost control! I'm not sure if it was clumsiness on his part or he did it on purpose, but it was simple matters from there.

So now I have psionics. I'm hoping its not too late, though, my opponent has informed me he has almost reached ethereals. I have never done the psionics tech tree, so this will be a new experience. Also, right before we crashed, he had assaulted yet ANOTHER one of my bases. He doesn't know what base it is, though, and obviously I can't reveal it until the battle is over.

I also found out that the combination of a hovertank and an avenger crashes the game.  :'(

I'm hoping its the avenger itself, and not the tank, because I will be really sad if I can't use flying tanks even in base defense(not that they would be that useful.  Maybe I could put one on a skyranger for secondary squads).

Also, capturing the leader unit did NOT reveal another alien base, and I can't reveal his secondary base with scans, so I'm clueless on how I assault his secondary bases. Maybe I need to research psionics first? I don't know....
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »

Hover your interceptors or skyrangers over a suspected base area for a few hours, and the base should be revealed. At least that's how it worked in UFO Defense.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:12 pm »

It might be that you have to research the leader to get the location of my base, I suppose.

Almost ready to fill a Battleship full of Ethereals, which promises to be Fun. Also serves as secondary base assault ship in case the one full of Mutons fails in their objective.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]