Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How much !!SCIENCE!! has been done with gender-swapping transformations?  (Read 1726 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

JWISOTT. Sadly, I don't really have enough time to test...anything...but I can come up with a list of ideas to spur more free-time-enabled individuals into !!SCIENCE!!!

A few questions that it might be neat to test:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would appreciate other !!RESEARCH!! ideas, but actual !!SCIENCE!! results would be even better!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have done some research on this subject. I've only tested M2F; but what I've found is that if an already married dwarf is transformed, their spouse will keep them listed at Husband; their children will keep them listed as Father, but they lose the ability to procreate.

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double post necromancy?

That's just awful, I know, but I thought more coherent results merited their own post:

Notes on the transformational effects of thrallweed and trollweed from the science outpost of Loveenjoyed:

The following observations were made using a human population of 7 supplemented by a single group of 6 additional migrants over the course of 8 years.

At arrival to the outpost, two of the original 7, henceforth subject A and subject B, were administered thrallbrew and trollbrew, respectively, the breakdown of which can be found in appendix A.

Following the transformation of the subjects, pregnancy occurred almost immediately in subject A, indicating that subject B was indeed capable of impregnating following the transformation, as subject B is the only male of the species on site. (Every caravan that has arrived thus far has also been staffed exclusively by women, and in any case, the timing of births do not support the notion of "drive-by" impregnations.)

Subject A would go on to give birth like clockwork every six and a half months.

Even after 8 years, however, subject B has yet to take a lover or get married, despite the fact that he is afforded plenty of time to socialize, further research on this is in progress.

Appendix A:
An analysis of the weeds known as thrallweed and trollweed.

Appendix B:
An analysis of castes found in subjects at large. Irrelevant attributes have been redacted.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:53:45 am by Williham »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

So you are saying as long as a creature is PET and FEMALE (through transformations) will give birth of that to an animal (as found here)

Do these transformed creatures suffer from labors being unassignable due to "Is this animal ready for slaughter <Y/N>"

I know the PET tag syntoms cannot removed (Turn a DOG into a DWARF) the dog to dwarf will lack the intelligence and still have animal properties

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile

Interesting. I wonder how I can use this. Heh heh heh.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you are saying as long as a creature is PET and FEMALE (through transformations) will give birth of that to an animal (as found here)

Do these transformed creatures suffer from labors being unassignable due to "Is this animal ready for slaughter <Y/N>"

I know the PET tag syntoms cannot removed (Turn a DOG into a DWARF) the dog to dwarf will lack the intelligence and still have animal properties

Indeed. The CogSci Report is indeed a good source, still. Labors are indeed unassignable, which is what makes transformations interesting in the first place:

Labors can be assigned prior to transformation, and will carry over to the creature when it transforms.

It should also be possible to use a number of different substances to repeatedly transform them back and forth, should the baby count be high enough, or a change in vocation be desired, although that's beyond the scope of the research conducted at Loveenjoyed.

The essential takeaway from this is that creatures gain and lose reproductive roles as expected when transformed.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Would a married Female turned PET still reproduce?

EDIT:
BTW I will be posting this to be added to the great wall of !!SCIENCE!! provided link in my sig
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:17:12 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't tested the specific scenario, but I assume so.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Even if her spouse was lost? Also im doing testing on the effects IMMOBILE has on breeding.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

sounds like my old research only instead done with interactions and not with dfusion.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Hey, neat, my old idea is being worked on!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

And I think done too :P