Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DANG IT Online medical advice! !Cured!  (Read 6615 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: DANG IT Online medical advice!
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 10:27:41 pm »

They require the 1000 needles of death apperantly that is so painful that it can cause people to lose consciousness.
Come on, it's nowhere near that bad. In fact, it's not painful at all. It's annoying if you actually hit jackpot with one of the antigens, because the skin around the prick swells, but that's about it.
(I once tried to test to see if it was alergies as I tend to sneeze a lot in my Sister's room... But after I tested it after eating I didn't sneeze once. So unless Alergies can subvert themselves... It isn't)
I don't think that's a very good test, if you ask me :p

Also... Is that REALLY what Asthma is like? At least in the ball park? I always thought it was something more like constricted lungs or hyperventilation.

*shrug* I'm not there. I don't know what are you experiencing, exactly. Asthma results from bronchial hiperreactivity, which runs with a contraction of the airway's smooth muscle and increased secretions. This results in shortness of breath (which can result in hyperventilation), cough, and sybilancies. Dust (or if you want to be picky, dust mites) is a common trigger, so is exercise. All I'm saying is that you might want to get it checked.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 10:40:11 pm »

They require the 1000 needles of death apperantly that is so painful that it can cause people to lose consciousness.
Come on, it's nowhere near that bad. In fact, it's not painful at all. It's annoying if you actually hit jackpot with one of the antigens, because the skin around the prick swells, but that's about it.

I had an allergy test and it hurt a lot.  Not a lot as in super severe, but a lot as in it was psychologically taxing waiting for one poke after another.  Either I have really sensitive skin on my back, or the person doing the test was stabbing way too hard.  Also, they aren't very accurate because they're making a vague judgment of how much your skin swells up.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:05:13 pm by Footkerchief »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 11:10:00 pm »

It can be measured. I think that describing the test as a vague judgement is a misrepresentation
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 11:14:10 am »

Ok now this is just an update for everyone who was wondering what happened.

1) Feet Itching: It turned out to be a bacterial infection and I got medication for it and it is fine now and cured. Exema or something.

2) Shortness of Breath: It turns out I actually have Asthma now. I take two kinds of medicine: One is daily (So I can breathe day to day) and the other is for emergencies or when I am doing heavy exercise.

So yeah everything is good now and I am glad that neither of these cases were in my mind.

Also my cat alergies that I may or may not have had have gone away. Still don't know what it was.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: DANG IT Online medical advice! !Cured!
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:44 pm »

Edit addition: Apperantly I had Exema and Asthma. It sure took a long time.

I've got Eczema too.  Its annoying.  Thankfully not on my feet though and its generally not that bad.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 12:52:36 pm »

Edit addition: Apperantly I had Exema and Asthma. It sure took a long time.

I've got Eczema too.  Its annoying.  Thankfully not on my feet though and its generally not that bad.

Yeah it took a long time to get fixed too because the first doctor I went to misdiagnosed it as foot fungus.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 09:37:59 am »

Truely, the only person you can trust FO SHO' in medical matters is a medical doctor.
Hello Hunam

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 09:44:24 am »

Also, according to this you have RHUEMATIC FEVER if you just happen to have a bad fall, so you get  ankle swelling, and get an actual fever at the same time.
Hello Hunam

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 07:07:19 pm »

According to them, my lungs are full of blood. I'm pretty sure they're not.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »

You all have a rare terminal disease that only my patented SNAK-OYAL brand medicine can cure! Send cash, check, or your credit cards to
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 07:33:43 pm »

My sleeping arm is still a mystery. Hmm...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 2 [3]