Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Plants and Animals  (Read 4379 times)

The Unicorn Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Plants and Animals
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »

I think it's partly the wide variety of uses, especially the "Spheres of Fire" part and the "makeable into clothes that make you fire/magmaproof" part. Especially the latter--why don't they burn the wearer, if they're hot enough to burn other food they're stockpiled with?
... We're talking about DF here.... NOTHING MAKES SENSE IN THIS MESSED UP WORLD! YOU CAN LICK BUNNY BLOOD OFF YOUR EYEBALLS!

The Unicorn Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 10:26:59 pm »

Rice:
  This or other plants that people use today. I picked rice because you can a) Make rice wine, b) store rice and eat it as it is, and c) Rice would be easy food for beginners, no need for a kitchen, just eat!

Umm, you'd need a kitchen. Have you ever tried eating uncooked rice? Not very tasty.
Rice is the main reason Japan was so successful, for the uses of rice I mentioned above. They just beat the crap out of the rice plant to get the actual rice then ate it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 09:15:40 pm »

I think it's partly the wide variety of uses, especially the "Spheres of Fire" part and the "makeable into clothes that make you fire/magmaproof" part. Especially the latter--why don't they burn the wearer, if they're hot enough to burn other food they're stockpiled with?
... We're talking about DF here.... NOTHING MAKES SENSE IN THIS MESSED UP WORLD! YOU CAN LICK BUNNY BLOOD OFF YOUR EYEBALLS!

Perhaps, but DF does make sense when it comes to the laws of physics. That's why adamantine war hammers are so bad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dwarf_sadist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »

I think Trifids would be a great addition to dwarf fortress. Maybe the plants from Jumanji as well?
Critical hit! It's super effective!

"You scratch the Giant Tiger in the Upper Body, tearing the muscle, shattering the right false rib and tearing apart the heart! An artery has been opened by the attack! A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack! A tendon in the false right rib has been torn!"

The Unicorn Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 08:27:37 pm »

As I said before, feel free to put your own idea's instead of just replying to mine. Lets get our creativity on people!
Pages: 1 [2]