Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Adcessuspagina: Warhammer 40k mod Succession Game (Looking for players)  (Read 21283 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do you think anyone would disagree? Just out of curiosity.
Perhaps, but you're fixing bugs, yes? I think that's worth modifying it a bit - just to make sure the game plays as it's supposed to.
Does not equal
I'm going to download a clean version of the mod (Mine's riddled with heavy modding) and try to mess with it as little as possible. I'm going to inist on.....

Talvieno, this is why I asked first

Splint, you cant add the things you want without regenning the world (helms, civ changes, ect). Sorry to burst your bubble. The new release has more headgear and tougher skulls (see Corrosion mod for more info)

EDIT:
The rest will be left as is, mostly so I can force myself to come to grips with that damned lake of any reasonable protection for hands and feet. (Once again, my rage says that makes no sense in such a place.)

This is a hardcoded bug in vanilla DF. You CANT armour fingers, toes and some parts of the face. Once those parts are gone, it doesn't matter if you still have hands and feet as you often bleed to death.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:02:32 pm by Abregado »

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok i got the save playing it now

Also fixed:
Cave Spores edible cooked before prepared but will give severe food poisoning
Cave Spores edible cooked after being prepared (gives very minor poisoning)
Cave Spore leaves edible cooked (almost never gives poisoning)
Waxroot should be pressable to Oil for cooking/soap
Blood and Bone reaction isn't accepting bonemeal
Rates for Ash from the Kilns are wrong
Rock pots look like barrels now (instead of traction benches)
Water is created in barrels of 25 now (need 25 bottles)
Second Best actually works now and is made in barrels of 10 (need 15 bottles of water, 6 organs and yeast)
Burning refuse yields Ash only, can be made into Fertilizer at the ashery

Once the new release is out I can upgrade the save to the new bone structure system.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spring - Year 31

I was there when they found him. We were suspicious when the overseer mandated the construction of a "suicide bridge". He claimed it was to be used as a watch point but we all knew. A few of us arrived just in time to stop him from throwing himself over the edge. He has been locked in his room with his wife, who is also a mess.

It seems that I am the one to clean up this mess. I should admit that old Controltrades didn't do a terrible job but there are many things that were overlooked.

• There were 30+ new migrants who had not been assigned a single labour
  • The squads were improperly assigned and understaffed
  • Several of the professions were understaffed (Water still operators, farmers)
  • While some effort was made, the new farm areas are not being used properly

I found that half our seeds were being stored in an unused archery range. These are being moved to the new farm area. I have also mandated the contruction of a bridge over the new moat area. The entrance had been widened but the wagons still could not enter! If they pass us by again we will be in a very bad way.

OOC:

I re-adjusted all labours and filled all the military squads. Ive also made some new uniforms to make it easy to equip new squads with either Autoguns, Stubguns+melee or 2x melee

TIP for future overseers: do not use the basic stockpile options, especially for food! If even one  square with this enabled could have all of our seeds moved across the enormous settlement we have. Same goes for the plants, (Crop) varieties should be stored near to the fields, and non-crop varieties should be stored near the secondary processing areas. Items which can be cooked should be stored near the kitchens. Prepared food should only be stored in Dining rooms.

On a lighter note Talvieno did manage to smooth and engrave pretty much the entire settlement!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Requesting Hivering, any profession.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

It's not fingers/toes I care about. I almost never see those suffer nerve damage (shattered nails and broken phalanges coming to nightmarish agony yes) while the main part of the foot/palm when hit, I almost always see result in that hand/foot rendered useless and thus crippling to solider/hiver for life.

And I didn't know certain bits of protection weren't even in the mod. If a civ doesn't have access to something in the game, it need only be permitted for them to use it by listing it in an armor/weapon/what have you that they possess in the entity raws. I've done this with weapons and armor I've made when I forgot to add them to the file pre-worldgen. Just added them on when I noticed my error and they worked fine.

And obviously I'll be using a nonstarter settlment to try and force myself to deal with that. No offense, just the area size causes minor to noticable slowdown is all (tons and tons of flowing water and ash jellies pathing is rather unpleasent for FPS)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should have this turn finished on Tuesday. Got most of it done now, just need to report what happened. Heading out for buskwalking tomorrow so I guess it will wait till after that :D

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok Its finished. get the save here.

Not many interesting points this time around

• "Specula" from Talveinos story died. We found her early in Autumn. It seems she crawled inside one of the garbage Kilns before turning it on.
  • We now have Blood Fungus! New overseers please try to cultivate extra seed next year
  • Traded a massive amount of food from the caravan (500+ units) but we ate it all. There is very little left for the next overseer
  • Outlaws have started attacking. No large battles yet but our sentries are keeping the thieves at bay.
  • Food production has been increased with the now working Waxroot Oil presses
  • New Cave Spore farms located closer to the new outdoor farm
  • Several new Dining rooms and Barracks have been carved
  • Water Production increased
  • Three full squads of troops are trained

There still seems to be some inefficency with Prepared food stockpiles.... who knows whats going on there.

Heres an image of the wagon arriving. It takes a LOOONG time for them to get underground but they bring HEAPS of stuff now. Next overseer should trade in all the ferroplas crafts I made. Also there are a lot of rock mechanisms but it doesnt look like you can actually trade them.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]