Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Stupidity, Forbidden Workshops, All for a Garbage Dump  (Read 1791 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I was trying to build a pit for my dwarves to throw stuff into, and kinda let my first embark's miners die making the pit. So much blood.

So I went to reclaim. All I can see is a cat skeleton, a pick, and a Armored Horse skeleton. Not that much trouble, methinks... (Masterwork)

But all the workshops are forbidden. I remember what happened the last time I touched a forbidden anything (The dead got really really pissed off.) but this isn't haunted, and it's two animals. I want those workshops, and even if they reanimate, I have a dumping pit.

Which is annoying as hell to wall off because my wall maker REALLY FUCKING LIKES THAT PIT.

I just want to know how to unforbid a workshop.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dwarven Stupidity, Forbidden Workshops, All for a Garbage Dump
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:13:52 pm »

(d) (b) (c)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »

I think I remember requesting a DFHack command to be made that helps take care of that annoying little issue.

An alternative workaround is to build them out of (wood/stone) blocks material instead in order to ease up the confusion caused by mass-dumping.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:33:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 05:54:59 pm »

Got everything working, but even through setting the top of the hole to a garbage dump and setting every refuse anything to dump, no one does shit.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 02:59:01 pm »

Got everything working, but even through setting the top of the hole to a garbage dump and setting every refuse anything to dump, no one does shit.

Such is life, in the dwarven world

I imagine these dwarves have some sort of mental disability, and are sitting around a camp fire with a weird expression on there face.

Like, imagine your taking a really hard shit, your teeth and cenched together and your lips are open. Now, do that with your eyes open. Wide open.

Thats what these dwarves are doing right now, looking around at each other, sitting at the campfire.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:02:09 pm by Angel-of-Dusk »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »

You need to set the space next to the hole as a garbage dump and dwarves will automatically throw the stuff down into the hole. Just setting the hole itself won't work since there is nowhere for the dwarves to stand as they throw stuff in.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.